Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] How long does the bus replacement take between Brighton to Three Bridges ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was thinking of going to Brentford v Bristol City on October 20th with a Bees mate of mine, but I see the joys of the bus replacement has descended on that date. Has anyone endured the bus from Brighton to Three Bridges ? How long does it take ? Its putting me right off tbh.

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
****ing ages. Depends on traffic - I'd allow about an hour if you're getting a direct bus from Three Bridges to Bton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was thinking of going to Brentford v Bristol City on October 20th with a Bees mate of mine, but I see the joys of the bus replacement has descended on that date. Has anyone endured the bus from Brighton to Three Bridges ? How long does it take ? Its putting me right off tbh.

Where do you live? Is the 'Arun Valley' route quicker? I was 1h50-2h00 from Worthing to Victoria the other weekend. A bit slow but it was still direct and no buses.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Where do you live? Is the 'Arun Valley' route quicker? I was 1h50-2h00 from Worthing to Victoria the other weekend. A bit slow but it was still direct and no buses.

I can get to Worthing easily enough. What route does the Arun Valley rail take then, does it run west from Worthing then turn up ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
****ing ages. Depends on traffic - I'd allow about an hour if you're getting a direct bus from Three Bridges to Bton.

This. Once you’ve got off the train, walked around the side of the train station, waited for the direct bus, and it’s made its way through Brighton to the back of Brighton station you’re looking at least an extra hour. It’s an absolute joke, get a lift or get a taxi.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Doesn't take long at all if it is direct. Done it many times. 35-40 mins max if travelling at a sensible time.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I wouldn’t go near a bus knowing your track record trying to catch one

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheers folks, decided to bin it off and go drinking in town instead with a bit of Soccer Saturday thrown in. Not wasting half my Saturday on a crushingly slow grand tour of humdrum Sussex hamlets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheers folks, decided to bin it off and go drinking in town instead with a bit of Soccer Saturday thrown in. Not wasting half my Saturday on a crushingly slow grand tour of humdrum Sussex hamlets.

Wise move.

The buses are always really shit, too hot, and very uncomfortable as well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I hope you are not calling my Sussex hamlet humdrum?

Actually it is rather, but don't tell anyone. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here