Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Killing Eve

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Oh :( Loved the first series - what's wrong with it, is the plot a bit tenuous or something?

At the end of the day it is just my opinion - you might love it.

I think part of the problem is the first series set a high bar and this just feels a bit flat without the spark the first one had, and a bit contrived.

I was flicking through other channels at one point - I almost wondered if they'd changed the director or something. Will still keep watching and hope it's just a blip

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I think part of the problem is the first series set a high bar and this just feels a bit flat without the spark the first one had, and a bit contrived.
When the first series ended, I imagined that a second series would be contrived. I just hoped some imaginative writers would come up with something believable.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I was flicking through other channels at one point - I almost wondered if they'd changed the director or something. Will still keep watching and hope it's just a blip

Changed writers.

I quite liked the first series. No real appetite for a second. Unless they cram it full of lezzing off and titties.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I did watch the whole series in the end - no spoilers but, IMHO, it was worth sticking with

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I have watched it.

It is ok. Not as good as first but watchable.
The Amsterdam episode ( pig costume ) is the best.

Thought the end was weak though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs V is watching now, I can't be arsed myself, Kill Eve and get it over with FFS and stop fannying around.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Watched the first one of series 2 last night and thought it was poor.

If ever it was obvious a series had a new, less talented writer, this was it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Only watched last night's episode and thought it was ok.

That scene with Villanelle and the boy in hospital made me and Mrs Wz roar with laughter though

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like it, quite quirky and funny as well, little jokes like LOL on the baseball cap as she left hospital

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Enjoyable enough but this second series is rather rambling and lacks direction.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I got the humour, but my enjoyment diminshed throughout the second series...

How did that happen ?

Try and imagine that you have had a busy week at work and you have not had a pint since last Saturday night, you get to the pub on a Fridat night and you see your favourite beer is on tap and you buy one and it tastes divine.... It tastes great all the way to the bottom of the glass so you get another and that tastes almost as good … however, by your third pint you just start thinking " why am I drinking this ? " it tastes okish but not as good as that first one. This is the story of diminishing Util's.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No spoilers below:

I'll give it another whirl, although the plaudits for the last series were a bit OTT, in my opinion. It was a crap ending, and a couple of aspects in S1 just did not add up. I'll watch, but frankly, its going to get completely swallowed up by the infinitely superior and spectacular GoT.
I've just watched the first 5 episodes of season 2. I love the character Villanelle (specifically Jodie's portrayal of her), and can enjoy the show for what it is, but the lack of logic throughout the episode puts the disappointment with season 8 of GoT into perspective. That was faultless by comparison.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here