Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
From my armchair
6 being average
Only 2nd half, 1st half everyone scored a 2.

Ryan 6 - No chance with either goal, kicking was really poor tonight, but save at the end was vital.
Montoya 6 - Steady, I like him a lot.
Duffy 7 - Vital goal and the better of our CBs tonight
Dunk 5 - By his high standards made so many mistakes, seems to be under hitting passes
Bong 5 - Was OK but loses a point for a dreadful challenge for their pen
AK 8 - Dragged us back into it again, similar to the Fulham game. MOTM.
Stephens 6 - Better without the ball than with it tonight, I still think he's playing within himself under instructions
Propper 5 - One to forget, improved once Yves went off
March 6 - Tried hard, if only he had an end product
Bissouma 6 - Raw but worked his socks off, provided the only bright moment of the first half, CH needs to work out how to get him into games higher up the pitch
Murray 8 - No way is he 34, didn't stop. Great penalty because I couldn't watch!

Ali J 6 - Definite potential, I thought he worked hard and has a touch of class about him
Locadia 4 - It's all been said in other threads, needs to concentrate on the basics. Could do with a run in U23 and give him penalties in that side. If Andone is half decent then we might not see him again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Somebody is going to give Locadia a 0 aren’t they? :smile:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
How can you give Locadia a 4!? What would it take for someone to get a 3 let alone lower.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just in.....

First half abysmal.....

6 - average

Ryan - 6
Montoya- 6
Bong - 5 - a bad evening after a number of good games
Duffy - 9
Dunk - 6
Knockaert 7
Stephens- 5 - sloppy
Propper- 5 terrible loss of possession on first goal, generally sloppy too
Bissouma - 6
March - 6 some great areas but little delivery
Murray - 6

AJ - 6 - promising
Locadia - 5 - not on for long, but such poor touch tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ryan 6.5

Montoya 6 Done constantly by Redmond in first half. I like him but his poorest performance for us so far.
Dunk 6.5
Duffy 7
Bong 6 Ridiculous decision to do that for theboenalty. Daft.

Stephens 7 Thought he was the best of the midfield 3.
Pröpper 5 Off colour today.
Bissouma 4.5 Really poor. Dispossessed so easily and looked lost. I think there is a decent player in there but didn’t see him today.

Knocky 8 MOTM. Vital performance.
Murray 7 Ref finally gave him a foul in the 85th after being clambered on all game.
March 6.5 Showed sparks but not good enough end product.

Locadia N/A There isn’t a score for that.
Jahanbakhsh 7 Decent. Very direct and dynamic, made things happen.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just in.....

First half abysmal.....

6 - average

Ryan - 6
Montoya- 6
Bong - 5 - a bad evening after a number of good games
Duffy - 9
Dunk - 6
Knockaert 7
Stephens- 5 - sloppy
Propper- 5 terrible loss of possession on first goal, generally sloppy too
Bissouma - 6
March - 6 some great areas but little delivery
Murray - 6

AJ - 6 - promising
Locadia - 5 - not on for long, but such poor touch tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching on the tele I would agree with these ratings, except prob an 8 for Knockaert and an 8 for Duffy.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Let's not sugarcoat what was another poor performance.

Ryan 6- Some good saves but some appalling distribution which nearly cost us.

Montoya 5- Got skinned relentlessly in the first half. Didn't offer anything going forward that I can remember.

Dunk 5- Pretty poor all-round tonight, again. Starting to become a concern and I wouldn't be against Balogun coming back in.

Duffy 6- Great header for the goal, but looked shaky at times. Needs to cut the aimless hoofs.

Bong 3- Poor defensively (the Elyounoussi free header in particular), ponderous and wasteful going forward. Stupid challenge for the penalty.

Knockaert 8- Our best defender and best attacker tonight. Great shift and great ball for the first. Loved the determination.

Stephens 4- Couldn't pass, couldn't tackle...

Propper 4- As above, but with less intent.

Bissouma 4- Clearly has ability but lacks discipline and football intelligence. I'm sure it'll come with time but he didn't have a clue what he was doing at times tonight. Shouldn't be given any defensive responsibilities.

March 5- Is it so hard to look up before you cross? Found some good positions but couldn't deliver.

Murray 6- Typical Murray performance. Worked hard, some lovely touches as always but could only be so effective when the players behind him were so poor. Fed off scraps all game.

Locadia- Akpom/10

Jahanbakhsh- 6 looked bright. Needs a start.

The middle three were appalling tonight. Time to get Kayal back in the mix.

Last edited:

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008

Ryan 5- Some good saves but some appalling distribution which nearly cost us.

Montoya 5- Got skinned relentlessly in the first half. Didn't offer anything going forward that I can remember.

Dunk 5- Pretty poor all-round tonight, again. Starting to become a concern and I wouldn't be against Balogun coming back in.

Duffy 6- Great header for the goal, but looked shaky at times. Needs to cut the aimless hoofs.

Bong 3- Poor defensively (the Elyounoussi free header in particular), ponderous and wasteful going forward. Stupid challenge for the penalty.

Knockaert 8- Our best defender and best attacker tonight. Great shift and great ball for the first. Loved the determination.

Bissouma 4- Clearly has ability but lacks discipline and football intelligence. I'm sure it'll come with time but he didn't have a clue what he was doing at times tonight. Shouldn't be given any defensive responsibilities.

March 5- Is it so hard to look up before you cross? Found some good positions but couldn't deliver.

Murray 6- Typical Murray performance. Worked hard, some lovely touches as always but could only be so effective when the players behind him were so poor. Fed off scraps all game.

Locadia- Akpom/10

I would agree with most of this, especially the views on Bong’s performance, but would have rated Solly a little higher.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Ryan -5 good save towards the end but distribution was poor
Montoya -5 had a hard evening up against Redmond and sold himself too much going in for challenges
Duffy -7 couple of trademark diving clearances , poor back pass but got on the scoresheet
Dunk -5 poor by his standards , no diagonal balls
Bong - 4 gave away the penalty and didn't challenge to give Saints winger a free header
Knockaert -8 MOTM our most creative player , could have played Solly in though
Stephens -4 really poor game from him , passing was terrible
Propper - 5 got bossed by saints midfielders
March -5 didn't offer much going forward , look before you cross it ??
Bissouma -4 poor performance, was wasteful and didn't get up to support Murray
Murray -7 calm for the penalty, didn't get any service

Locadia -4 that stepping on the ball
AJ - 6 looked promising , half chance nearly went in

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
From the TV box:-
Ryan 6
Montoya 5.5
Duffy 6.5
Dunk 6
Bong 4.5
Knockaert 8 MOTM
Stephens 5
Pröpper 5
March 7
Bissouma 6
Murray 7

Jahanbaksh 6
Locadia 4

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Locadia- Akpom/10

Agree with pretty much all the comments but i’d add a point to pretty much everyone bar Montoya. I’d like to check his CV. Did he play for Barcelona or Bevendean Barcelona??? Fair play to them for digging in.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ryan - 7 Great save near end
Montoya- 6
Bong - 6
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 7
Knockaert - 6
Stephens - 5 Woeful performance
Propper 5
Bissouma - 6
March - 5 No where near enough end product
Murray - 7 Not as industrious as normal

AJ - 6 Looked sharp
Locadia - 3 (Would swap for Benteke, yes, that bad)

Parking - West Quay Excellent £2
Pie - Pukka Chicken Balti not great
Support - Excellent
Back in Arundel, via Barnham, 11.32 (no I didn’t, we left as CH and AK left the field)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ryan 7. Marked up for the excellent save at the end. Earned a point!
Montoya 6. Worked well with Knocky on the right.
Duffy 9. Scored, blocked a goal bound first half effort and won a penalty.
Dunk 6. Kept us in the game keeping it down to 1 for so long.
Bong 5. Not one of his better nights
Knockaert 9. Fantastic tonight. Deserved a goal.
Stephens 4. Worst he’s been for a while. Slow and so many misplaced passes
Pröpper 4. See above.
March 6. Okay. Needs to do better at crossing, as we all know.
Bissouma 5. Looked bright. One excellent run forward.
Murray 7. :bowdown:

Jahanbaksh 6. I would’t start him yet. Spurs will be tough and March is better at defending.
Locadia 1. I guess you have to reserve the 0 for that performance AND an own goal scored?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan 5 OK but his distribution is so poor little under hit floating balls is not good enough
Montoya 4 Spent all evening chasing the player who's just skinned him
Duffy 6 Ok The goal was with the ball dying in front of him otherwise he would have buried it in row X as per usual
Dunk 5 Shaky
Bong 4 Terrible tackle for the pen and needs extra training to see if he can cross the ball in the air EVER
AK 8 MOM
Stephens 4 Awful for most of the game
Propper 4 As above
March 3 Oh dear
Bissouma 6 Not allowed due to tactics to be allowed to threaten. Sure he would have been bollocked for that run in the first half, leaving his defensive position.
Murray 8 Thank God

Ali J 6 Lively
Locadia 2 Southampton's 4th sub

We got away with a point against a poor side.

Tactics are the same as last year, you need to change the mindset Chris.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Locadia- Akpom/10

Can’t disagree with any of this

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan 7- Poor distribution at times but great save at end to make sure we kept a point
Montoya 5- Beaten time and time again. maybe time for a Bruno re-appearance
Dunk 5.5 - Very quiet though not sure whether he did anything too bad. Perked up in last 15 mins.
Duffy 7.5- One of the few who seemed to be able to compete and scored.
Bong 3.5- Poor .... made some good interceptions but his inability to do anything offensive leads to lost possession and more pressure on the defence. Need to either drop him and put March as a full back or drop March and play Jahanbakhsh
Knockaert 9- Absolutely immense tonight.
Stephens 4- worst game for Brighton?
Propper 4- really bad game, did not win much(anything) with his head looked busy but .....
Bissouma 5- ran around but uncontrolled. Marked as a 5 for 'the run at goal'
March 6- Better than many others but not saying too much. Don't think he is very confident at the moment.
Murray 7.5- Works so hard, does some great work and still very underrated IMO
Locadia-3 it would be easy to mark him less
Jahanbakhsh- 6.5 looked as though he would make things happen. Don't know what the foul was when he won the ball from 2 of their players

WHEN IS Izquierdo back????

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here