Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You had CLACKERS... AND...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thousands of empty seats. We automatically win even though we came back from the dead.

While we’re here someone tell my Mrs it’s perfectly acceptable for me to go batshit crazy in a Turkish hotel when Glenn Murray equalises having been 2-0 down. Not found the ‘Chelsea’ fans yet - ‘oh my husband supports saints’ - so where in West London were you born? South East,... ****ing got a Sheebo ear bashing ahahhhahha - thanks for listening - seeeeeeagulls

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You missed the light show too........

I still think Soton will be in the relegation battle this season, they have a Stoke feel about them.

I watched the 2nd half and it was all us... although we are still a massive work in progress - but I’m allowed to celebrate in a ‘cinema room’ after finally finding the game / then give it the seeeeeagulls outside - I love this club :)

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I still think Soton will be in the relegation battle this season, they have a Stoke feel about them.

I can only imagine what our relegation rivals were saying about us after that first half...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dear Mrs Sheebo

It’s perfectly acceptable for Mr Sheebo to go batshit crazy in a Turkish hotel when Glenn Murray equalises having been 2-0 down.

Regards etc....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wel done [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] :O

I'm also very impressed that you didn't start a thread saying - Where can I find a bar to watch the match because I'm on holiday :D

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I can only imagine what our relegation rivals were saying about us after that first half...

It can't be any worse than some of the posts I've read tonight. I get the impression there are some fans who are disappointed we fought back to get a point, so they couldn't crow about how right they were.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It can't be any worse than some of the posts I've read tonight. I get the impression there are some fans who are disappointed we fought back to get a point, so they couldn't crow about how right they were.
That's ridiculous. Not one Albion fan will be disappointed with that point. Not one. We are however, allowed to have a bit of a whinge when we played so poorly in the first half.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

If they said we were dreadful in that first half, they were right - it was Huddersfield, West Brom, Watford, the first hour at Brentford all rolled into one except that we were only 1-0 down. But we showed great character to get hold of the ball, up our game and get what was, in the end, a deserved point.

These slow starts away from home in winnable games are getting worrying. Do we think we're better than we are? We didn't show that poor attitude at Liverpool because we knew we'd be in a game from the first whistle and I hope we'll approach Man City in a similar spirit. We'd better or we'll be thrashed.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If they said we were dreadful in that first half, they were right - it was Huddersfield, West Brom, Watford, the first hour at Brentford all rolled into one except that we were only 1-0 down. But we showed great character to get hold of the ball, up our game and get what was, in the end, a deserved point.

These slow starts away from home in winnable games are getting worrying. Do we think we're better than we are? We didn't show that poor attitude at Liverpool because we knew we'd be in a game from the first whistle and I hope we'll approach Man City in a similar spirit. We'd better or we'll be thrashed.

Yours is a reasonable opinion. I've read far worse than that tonight.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's ridiculous. Not one Albion fan will be disappointed with that point. Not one. We are however, allowed to have a bit of a whinge when we played so poorly in the first half.

By all means, whinge away. Then read the match thread, right through from start to finish.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

That light show was totally anal, more akin to boxing

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

C'mon, we really were woeful in that first half and a lot of the comments are based on frustration and disappointment because people care.... and who saw that second half performance coming?

The really pleasing thing is last season we would have lost that game but we seem to have a new steeliness in our attitude.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Come off it. In the moment, of course there is total elation equalizing when it looked the match was lost. The players showed character and the manager got a response.

But a better analysis...and by the way Hughton was already saying this to Sky within 15 minutes of the finish...was real concern at the earlier frailties. You cannot do that, just give away a half of football at PL level. We play two halves last night, and we win an important match.

I can see both us and Saints having another nervy season, but we showed why we might be okay.

Anyway, last night was why I have always loved football. Rollercoaster, with all the emotions. Not much tops an injury time equaliser in front of the away end. That, and a train full of dejected Saints fans.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The ten piece orchestra/band with saxophones, drums, trumpets 'n' all walking around the stadium clad in red and white was quite stimulating.

They were playing Nirvana when I walked past, sounded great.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
C'mon, we really were woeful in that first half and a lot of the comments are based on frustration and disappointment because people care.... and who saw that second half performance coming?

The really pleasing thing is last season we would have lost that game but we seem to have a new steeliness in our attitude.

It's not over until it's over. You could see Chris was annoyed by the performance and he's been our manager long enough to know that he'd give them a rocket at half time. There are still some posters who always moan, no matter what. I could name at least three, straight away but won't bother because they'll never change. I don't think they have ever posted a positive thought, and go missing when we do well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here