Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"One half
We only play one half"

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Could have won that so easily if we'd gone at Southampton from the off I feel. They looked fragile and timid when we brought it back to 2-1. Still have to be extremely pleased with the result despite the dismal showing in the first half. I think it's time to cut our losses on Locadia though, absolutely shocking.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The body language, as we dragged our sorry arses back for the kick off after their penalty, really worried me. They looked without hope.

2 minutes later and we are completely transformed.

Amazing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Misguided thread from the OP. Who would have known?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
We went down 2 nil to a worldy and a pen. We got back with a bog standard header and a pen. First half we were awful and made Saints look good. Second half we played properly and showed them up for what they are.
Early days but I would sooner be us than them.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We went down 2 nil to a worldy and a pen. We got back with a bog standard header and a pen. First half we were awful and made Saints look good. Second half we played properly and showed them up for what they are.

I still say there was hardly any contact from Bong for their pen. I noticed Sky showed our penalty shout several times but didn't show Southampton's at all. A neutral on the match thread said similar, and a friend on Facebook as well.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Definitely. Three home games v Leicester Burnley and us and only 2 points. Not played any of the big boys yet and 5 points total. I'd be very worried if I were a Saints fan at this stage. Lomg way to go though

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I still say there was hardly any contact from Bong for their pen. I noticed Sky showed our penalty shout several times but didn't show Southampton's at all. A neutral on the match thread said similar, and a friend on Facebook as well.
I was watching Sky Sports News and Bong's tackle for the pen was shown several times and discussed. Pundits agreed it was a pen.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bongs was clearly a pen that's why they didn't analyse it.

He will be lucky to keep his place in the side after that performance as will a few others.

AJ needs to start v Spurs, and having Bong behind as a more defensive minded full back will get him the nod.

Bernado will get in the side soon enough though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Bongs was clearly a pen that's why they didn't analyse it.

He will be lucky to keep his place in the side after that performance as will a few others.

AJ needs to start v Spurs, and having Bong behind as a more defensive minded full back will get him the nod.

Bernado will get in the side soon enough though.

I'd put money on AJ not starting Saturday (Unfortunately)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Next time we come back from 0-2 can we hold fire on singing 2-0 and you ****ed it up until the free kick just outside the penalty area has been taken? :smile: I couldn’t believe we were tempting fate by chanting that just before the Saints player took the free kick!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was watching Sky Sports News and Bong's tackle for the pen was shown several times and discussed. Pundits agreed it was a pen.
Is it just me that thinks it was Stephens who fouled him first? Bong was clumsy but Stephens looked like he might have clipped him first and he was going down as he ran into Bong.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can't pause it without it going blurry and with title but this is what I am referring to. In which case - not a pen but a free kick.

pen.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here