Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking Southampton

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just a quick one, I've done the train thing, not practical tonight, I've used Park 'n' Ride, wasn't great, so tonight I'm going to try to do the West Quay Shopping Car Park and walk .... anyone else done this? Half hour walk? Close to motorways for exit?

Thanks,

Tim

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just a quick one, I've done the train thing, not practical tonight, I've used Park 'n' Ride, wasn't great, so tonight I'm going to try to do the West Quay Shopping Car Park and walk .... anyone else done this? Half hour walk? Close to motorways for exit?

Thanks,

Tim

Last year we parked on Ocean Way in a multi storey in the Ocean Village - https://goo.gl/maps/jt8wzkHEPDt

It was free, and plenty of spaces when we arrived. Had a bite and a pint in the Maritimo Lounge, and must have been a 15, 20min walk to the ground. Although counter intuitive, we headed West on the M271 to pick up the M27 at Junction 3.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m going to stay the other side of the river around Woolston.......much quicker exit and only a short walk.

Possibly where I parked last season. Involved a walk across quite a long bridge that was absolutely freezing, although it was winter.

It was a reasonable hike to the ground though - I'd certainly not say "short walk".

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly where I parked last season. Involved a walk across quite a long bridge that was absolutely freezing, although it was winter.

It was a reasonable hike to the ground though - I'd certainly not say "short walk".

LOL, it’s just over a mile.....reasonable hike [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Last year we parked on Ocean Way in a multi storey in the Ocean Village - https://goo.gl/maps/jt8wzkHEPDt

It was free, and plenty of spaces when we arrived. Had a bite and a pint in the Maritimo Lounge, and must have been a 15, 20min walk to the ground. Although counter intuitive, we headed West on the M271 to pick up the M27 at Junction 3.

Thank you, I'll take a look.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Reckon it was Woolston, as I remember buying my dinner (a sandwich) from a Co-op close to where I'd parked before coming home.

1.3 miles apparently. Probably felt longer as we were running late (and crossing that bridge was ****ing freezing) > https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Co-...fdf6c8f2e919!2m2!1d-1.390954!2d50.9058218!3e2

‘Freezing’ doesn’t do it justice as to how cold that walk was last season.

We’ll be doing the same again tonight with a stop for a burger and couple of beers at the Chapel Arms.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

I always do that as well. I head west to the M271 also as I am going in the other direction but it’s usually clear so would make sense even if you were going east back to Brighton

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
This one seems good free / 85 spaces. right side of the bridge, put walking boots on Bozza!!

Southampton City Council
Oakbank Road
Southampton
SO19 9BA

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This one seems good free / 85 spaces. right side of the bridge, put walking boots on Bozza!!

Southampton City Council
Oakbank Road
Southampton
SO19 9BA

I'm not afraid of a long walk - I'm out with the dog every day on considerably longer walks than Woolston to St Marys. I suspect my perception was based on how late we were (we missed kick-off due to the traffic) and, when crossing the bridge, you can see the ground but it still takes a while to reach. And it was ****ing freezing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last time parked on Brighton Road off the Avenue, there was parking!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We parked somewhere East of the stadium, possibly near Bitterne. We were running late as traffic was abysmal as I recall. We ended up jogging past a few fat Saints fans and still only arrived as the players came out. Not sure they would have got in for kick off.

I'll probably do the same as mad rush to get there after work.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
And don't forget it's the boat show this week which may impact on Ocean Village parking if you get there early?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not afraid of a long walk - I'm out with the dog every day on considerably longer walks than Woolston to St Marys. I suspect my perception was based on how late we were (we missed kick-off due to the traffic) and, when crossing the bridge, you can see the ground but it still takes a while to reach. And it was ****ing freezing.

Of all the things that you've been called or accused of on here, and it appears that suggesting you're walk-shy has been the most offensive ha ha. I bet that dog craves more than the 500meters you walk it each day. :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Leaving Southwick at 4 so hopefully can eat and get to ground in time for kick off.

I'm leaving Worthing at 4, [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] permitting. You have me feeling optimistic of my chances of popping into Ikea first.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here