Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My daughter has a non gender specific teacher at her school.
    What does she call " it ". What might a non gender specific name be, Chris springs to mind although they are normally Christopher or Christine.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Isn't this, like the higher divorce rates today in comparison to the 1950s, symptomatic of changing attitudes.

If it becomes socially acceptable for people to not continue to live miserably (in a failed marriage/the wrong gender) then of course there will be a rise in the person wanting to change (divorce/gender reassignment).

Frankly, it's not something that I have experienced personally, but I would never want my ideology to stop someone from being happy so if it is what people want/need, then good for them.
      "Do what you do, stay as you are, let's keep having fun." Sam Baldock

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
      What does she call " it ". What might a non gender specific name be, Chris springs to mind although they are normally Christopher or Christine.
      Seeing it’s a high school unfortunately the kids are calling them it !!!

0 Not allowed!
      Mental illness.

1 Not allowed!
      this is ridiculous , it should only be allowed from age 21 and upwards , how on earth can you possibly know at an earlier age with any clear conviction your doing the right thing
      ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE - JUST KEEP TAKING THE MEDICINE:

3 Not allowed!
      First of all there are two genders, male and female. They are determined by presence (or absence) of a Y Chromosome. That's science. The extent to which people outwardly express characteristics associated with male and female identities varies, but in biological terms there are two genders and a person is one or the other. There are masculine women and effeminate men, but they are still biologically the gender determined by the genetic information in their genes.

I'm not interested in judging anyone for who they are or how they live their lives, far from it. But denying the truth because it's inconvenient or uncomfortable isn't the way to go.

As for the increase in the number of children being referred to gender identity services (97 in 2009/10 to 2,519 in 2017/18), that should be a concern.

Studies have consistently shown that the number of children whose gender dysphoria persisted into adulthood is relatively low.

I am completely in favor of children who experience gender dysphoria getting the support and validation that they need for their health and wellbeing. But I also think that the decision to undergo gender reassignment should be reserved for adulthood when people can be more certain that this is something they want to do. If children are allowed to make this kind of decision then there is a good chance (50 - 80% depending on which study you look at) that they will come to discover that it wasn't neccessary, and it would have been better to wait until adulthood to make the decision.

I tend to think it's more healthy to encourage people to come to terms with and accept who they are, but if people are going to make this kind of quite drastic decision it really ought to be made when they are an adult in my opinion.
      Last edited by dingodan; 17-09-2018 at 09:34.
      - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Withdean11 View Post
      Mental illness.
      What about people that are born with variations in sexual characteristics (both physical and hormonal) where they have to be assigned a sex at birth?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spring hall convert View Post
      What about people that are born with variations in sexual characteristics (both physical and hormonal) where they have to be assigned a sex at birth?
      That's a deformity. The same as people born with 6 fingers.
      Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ldren-wanting/

I'm all for LGBT rights and values, in fact I'm incredibly & actively supportive of it... but the way that it is being educated as an absolute normality is quite clearly confusing for children. While it IS "normal", it should not be educated to children that it is a decision they need to consider. It is confusing enough for adults, so children are likely to be incapable of considering such things.

I predict that there will be a lot of ruined lives caused by this forced political correctness upon children. Kids should enjoy being kids, without considering what gender they are, especially now that there are so many to choose from, let alone making life-changing decisions about it.

As the article states, ministers are looking into it. Good luck with that.
      Ahhhh, someone maturing into sensibility, and very welcome too, rather than just thinking that conservative (small c) people are out of touch. In reality it is NOT normal, nor is it unnacceptable, just it is not the norm. Those in need should be given support but the minority view should not prevail over that of the majority.
      Old Git from Crystal Palace is a convicted *****, but he won’t tell you that!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Withdean11 View Post
      That's a deformity. The same as people born with 6 fingers.
      A physical illness?

Do you not think in those scenarios it could have a big influence on that persons later view of their own gender identity? A relatable example would be people finding out they are adopted and the impact that has on their idea of self...