Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sub 2 Hour Marathon Imminent??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess it depends on how long the runners have spent in a training camp, far far away from the inadequate testers.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I guess it depends on how long the runners have spent in a training camp, far far away from the inadequate testers.

Kenyans have a huge pedigree in distance running .......running 42km's at an average of 20 kms per hour or thereabouts is pretty amazing to be fair , but could he drink 15 pints , whack a bag and eat 2 doner kebabs at the bus stop , stagger home and still be up in time to play in goal for whitbread wanderers in the morning ....9.30 kick off , don't be late....!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/45539546

If this guy can take more than a minute off when it's already close who knows what's achievable next?

Berlin is known as a fast marathon course, and given not the Olympics or World pace setters are permissible. I wouldn't expect too much or any improvement anytime soon. The previous record (also set in Berlin) lasted 4 years. The 2019 World Championship is September next year, so runners won't be pushing for a new record in Berlin next year, and in 2020 they will be coming off the Olympics in Tokyo, so I wouldn't expect much in Berlin again, as training would have been geared for Tokyo.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Depends on the quality of the "assistance " provided [emoji382][emoji381]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Next time you’re in the gym, put the treadmill on 20kph and see what it’s like [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

f39448a83bf35d9200885b52332cea5a.jpg

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Next time you’re in the gym, put the treadmill on 20kph and see what it’s like [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

f39448a83bf35d9200885b52332cea5a.jpg

I was puzzled why his pacer dropped out just after at the half way mark. I’m now of the opinion he was used to put the brakes on during the first half of the race. Once he was gone Kipchoge went faster and faster.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was puzzled why his pacer dropped out just after at the half way mark. I’m now of the opinion he was used to put the brakes on during the first half of the race. Once he was gone Kipchoge went faster and faster.

Probably.....he’d have been there to manage his pace to a plan, rather than simply drag him along. Pacer would have to be an elite half marathoner running at close to max to be able to do this. It’s ridiculous.......

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It just baffles me how fit some people can be..

Just think how much he could earn as a Handbag Snatcher though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here