Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Singapore Grand Prix live on Channel 4

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who’s watching? Progamme starts at 1200

Lewis pulled a fecking giant rabbit out of the hat in Quali 3 beating the pole sitter favourite Vettel by over half a second. Verstappen also stunned Vettel by taking 2nd.

How will the start unfold? Can Hamilton out drag slightly loose cannon Max without a coming together? Will Vettel revert to typical German F1 driver, when under big pressure, and use his car as a dodgem whilst blaming others when it goes wrong?

Really looking forward to this, I know there are a few F1 fans on here, thoughts?

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Will catch the replay tonight.

What a lap from Hamilton, watched it at the pub but then had to rewatch it when I got home [emoji108]

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As an aside Kimi went up even further in my mind during the last GP. He had every opportunity to take Hamilton out at the end of the last race as Lewis forced his way past. Really impressed by the driving of both of them in that manouvre. Maybe being told by Ferrari that his contract wasn’t being renewed on the morning of the race came into play?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Superb quali lap from Lewis.

Apparently after Q1 when Merc ran a different tyre and Lewis only just scraped through, the team boss at Sauber sent Toto Wolff a text that said "What's the difference between an idiot and a genius? 0.2 seconds."

Very fine margins, but could have had a huge bearing on the Championship if it had gone the other way.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Superb quali lap from Lewis.

Apparently after Q1 when Merc ran a different tyre and Lewis only just scraped through, the team boss at Sauber sent Toto Wolff a text that said "What's the difference between an idiot and a genius? 0.2 seconds."

Very fine margins, but could have had a huge bearing on the Championship if it had gone the other way.

Wasn’t the Sauber text more to do with Ferrari in Quali 2 rather than a comment on Mercedes in Quali 1? Maybe I got that wrong?

I thought it was about Ferrari thinking they were quicker than Mercedes and although Lewis only just qualified on the harder tyre in Quali 1, Ferrari must have thought they had the speed to pull it off in Quali 2 and start on the longer lasting tyre. Kimi soon let them know it was a fecked up idea though. A sign of Ferrari arrogance?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wasn’t the Sauber text more to do with Ferrari in Quali 2 rather than a comment on Mercedes in Quali 1? Maybe I got that wrong?

I thought it was about Ferrari thinking they were quicker than Mercedes and although Lewis only just qualified on the harder tyre in Quali 1, Ferrari must have thought they had the speed to pull it off in Quali 2 and start on the longer lasting tyre. Kimi soon let them know it was a fecked up idea though. A sign of Ferrari arrogance?
Ferrari arrogance?

Shirley not.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was a stunning performance from Hamilton, the kind of qualifying that puts him up with the truly great drivers in the history of the sport. He transcended his era with a lap that recalls all those great moments when driver takes the machine to something beyond its perceived capabilities. Hoping he follows it with a boring race led from the front later. :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ferrari arrogance?

Shirley not.

I f***ing love it when Ferrari (they own motorsport, don't they?) go belly up.

Boss Maurizio Arrivabene always has a "I think I'm hard" aggressive face on. Like Vettel, they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

As for Toto Wolff ... what a lovely bloke and he really is (have a look at his life story).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Safety car (inevitable) on lap 1

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Vettel went past Verstappen with ease there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vettel strategy not going very well so far

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sky discussing Vettel’s constant nitpicking of perceived faults by his Ferrari team. Saying that it riles the Ferrari personnel.

A lack of charm?

No, just his massive ego that cannot handle he is perhaps not the best Formula 1 driver

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
My over riding memories of the Singapore GP .......the fantastic skyline (good) the interview with Mick Hucknall on the grid before the start (awful). What's happened to him...Looks like he had a Halloween mask on?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here