Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] This time Frasier is (was a couple of days ago) 25 years old.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I love Frasier - as with all sitcoms there are a few flat episodes but generally the standard is very high.

If I were to pick favourite episodes, off the top of my head I'd go for "Ham Radio" and "The Ski Lodge".

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
There are plans for a reboot with Kelsey Grammer but none of the other cast and not set in Seattle.

I for one welcome the attempt but it’s going to have to go some to eclipse the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I love the sophistication displayed by the two brothers. Their interplay with Martin, their down-to-earth father, is simply outstanding.

theboybilly

A very clever comedy. As has been said there were a few duff episodes ( the one with the Fred Astair-esque dancing springs to mind) but when on form there isn't a finer sitcom. 'Ham Radio' was Mr Grammer's favourite, mine? 'Voyage of the Damned' :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So many great episodes, but a few favourites:

1. After the entire Crane family and Daphne fall out with each other, Frasier volunteers to work a Christmas Day radio show. He ends up more depressing than the callers, with Ros fuming about having to work.

2. Being squeezed out by new presenters, Frasier is allocated the awful overnight slot. Ros and he are incredibly grumpy, knackered, Frasier is knocky with callers and half asleep so he doesn't truly listen ... and he's challenged over that by a caller.

5. Frasier's love life takes a turn for the better with three pretty woman after him. He increasingly tries to rush through the romance bit to bed them, using identical patter in each case. It all goes wrong.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Frasier is utter, utter genius. Amazing writing, perfect casting and wonderful performances. [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] has nailed the top 2 single episodes but the whole arc of Niles getting married again, and confessing his love for Daphne was so well done. Comedic writing at its finest, tinged with drama and emotion.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Frasier is utter, utter genius. Amazing writing, perfect casting and wonderful performances. [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] has nailed the top 2 single episodes but the whole arc of Niles getting married again, and confessing his love for Daphne was so well done. Comedic writing at its finest, tinged with drama and emotion.

Agree about the emotion. At times very touching about two lonely bachelors, and also their relationship with man's-man Dad. Great writing, brilliantly carried off by a perfect cast.

The brutality of Bulldog was another funny aspect.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree about the emotion. At times very touching about two lonely bachelors, and also their relationship with man's-man Dad. Great writing, brilliantly carried off by a perfect cast.

The article says that both Kelsey and David HP still refer to John Mahoney as 'Dad' when discussing the show.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Loved Frasier - such clever sophisticated scripts. Cheers was also very good but I think Frasier was slightly better.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

And interestingly the two "manliest" characters are played by gay actors.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here