Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry the Hornet is dead. Long live Harry the Hornet.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Man behind ‘disgraceful’ Watford mascot Harry the Hornet resigns

Harry became a controversial figure in the mascot world after incurring the wrath of Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson

GettyImages-949558554.jpg

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...ry-the-hornet-man-standing-down-gareth-evans/

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The comments by Roy Hodgson are so cringeworthy.

Is there something in the air at Croydon that makes them all so pathetic ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Watford FC should have rejected his resignation, imo. And then issued a press release: “Firstly, we reject the notion that a man was ever inside a costume at all - Harry was incensed at the slur on his character. Secondly, Harry did nothing more than gently mock an opposing player for yet another yellow card for simulation - surely that’s the whole point of mascots: to give the home team and crowd whatever additional advantage you can. Roy Hodgson should, in our opinion, get a life.”

It’s possible that football rivalry has played some part in my response to this particular issue.

Mind you, I can honestly say that I’ve always quite liked Harry’s antics in front of us when we’ve been at Vicarage Road, shaking his stinger at us when we’ve sung the required song at him. He seemed to encapsulate the perfect mascot to me.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
What we need is mascot solidarity, they should all stand (?) together and dive when Palace arrive to show they can't be oppressed by old England managers, who's Palace visiting next next?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Dirty Harry the Hornet

Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, i kind of lost track myself. But being that this is a .44 sting, the most powerful sting in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Now available for fete openings. Parties, TV commercials etc.
A book deal has been signed and hopeful of a film of his life.

Harry 'The Diving' Hornet.

Occasionally appears as a duo with WZ.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
“If you’re asking me whether Harry the Hornet, who I presume is the mascot, should dive in that way, I think it’s disgraceful,” the Palace manager said.

But it's ok for your star player to do it though eh Roy?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Love Harry the Hornet, what a proper mascot should be. Gully needs a massive refresh.

Sid the Shark is hilarious. Gully could be too.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Love Harry the Hornet, what a proper mascot should be. Gully needs a massive refresh.

Sid the Shark is hilarious. Gully could be too.

Playing Devil’s advocate just worth pointing out that while his diving antics re Zaha were humerus high jinks I spotted him against us running past the away end at the start of the second half bent over and patting his arse.

How amusing.... not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bertie the Bee

Man behind ‘disgraceful’ Watford mascot Harry the Hornet resigns

Harry became a controversial figure in the mascot world after incurring the wrath of Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson

GettyImages-949558554.jpg

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...ry-the-hornet-man-standing-down-gareth-evans/

Must admit I like mascots who get involved, I would love to see Gully jumping on Ryan's back at the top of a goal bundle

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Playing Devil’s advocate just worth pointing out that while his diving antics re Zaha were humerus high jinks I spotted him against us running past the away end at the start of the second half bent over and patting his arse.

How amusing.... not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you report the homophobia?

Falling over in a pantomime fashion is one thing, but homophobic behaviour is different.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here