Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Poppy pins

Jul 7, 2003
We had them last year. Not sure they all come out at the same time then.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I must admit I wouldn't wear one. Nothing should be added to the poppy, however wonderful.

There are poppy pins with Royal Navy, WRNS, regiments, RAF etc on. It doesn't detract from the remembrance.

Agree in principle but they’ve got the year of issue on them.........so expect to get called out if you do.

I hadn't opened the link so didn't realise.

My son sent me a poppy pin with his fire brigade emblem, and I have a WRNS one. They will be worn on different coats jackets etc, but for Nov 11th I will still have a paper poppy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I imagine the club are releasing new home, away and third choice poppies for this year.

They'll probably be available to buy from mid-December.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm going to buy the Palarse one. It's undated.

In reality I bought three BHA pins last year for the family. Will do the same again this year.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
There are poppy pins with Royal Navy, WRNS, regiments, RAF etc on. It doesn't detract from the remembrance.

I wouldn't be comfortable wearing one of those either. For me the beauty of the poppy is it stands for everyone who sacrificed. For me, that includes those who worked in factories and farms, as well as branches of the services. And the other problem for me is that if you also have a branch of the services you mentioned, it kinda makes it a "British" poppy, whereas it is was a multinational effort. But that is just me, I respect others who feel differently.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wouldn't be comfortable wearing one of those either. For me the beauty of the poppy is it stands for everyone who sacrificed. For me, that includes those who worked in factories and farms, as well as branches of the services. And the other problem for me is that if you also have a branch of the services you mentioned, it kinda makes it a "British" poppy, whereas it is was a multinational effort. But that is just me, I respect others who feel differently.

Wow, you really thought about that didn’t you!

I didn’t take long for someone to come along and over complicate the thread did it! Ffs!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The services were not just British. The Battle of Britain fought by the RAF had Polish squadrons, Canadians etc.

People remember in their own way. A Brighton & Hove Albion pin is appropriate as we have a memorial garden with the names of players who died in both world wars.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow, you really thought about that didn’t you!

I didn’t take long for someone to come along and over complicate the thread did it! Ffs!

To be fair, making enamel poppies with club badge and year of issue is somewhat over complicating things. I guess if people buy them then it’s a good thing but I can’t help but think it commodifies the idea of the poppy.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fiver in the pot, paper poppy. Anything else is virtue signalling, look at me , I remember more than you. The whole point of a paper poppy is that we all remember as equals. Not “look! look! my son is in the fire brigade” or “I bought this fancy enamel one to tell everyone I support BHA”
No. Not for me. Paper poppy. To the point and not showing off. KISS.
But obviously, do as you wish.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I imagine the club are releasing new home, away and third choice poppies for this year.

They'll probably be available to buy from mid-December.

But you can't wear it in the stadium due to the risk the metal pin could cause, a terrorist could run amok in the east stand with one

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here