Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Give Blood.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I will always echo this - if you can, please do.

I, for one, wouldn't be here if people didn't donate.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Not sure they’re that desperate. Gave blood for years, and it became more difficult to even get an appointment to donate as they were always fully booked. Could be just te area I live in. Good thing to do though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm not allowed to give blood in Canada. Anyone who spent more than 3 months in the UK between 1980 and 1996 is not eligible because of CJD.
Seems a little bit OTT.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not sure they’re that desperate. Gave blood for years, and it became more difficult to even get an appointment to donate as they were always fully booked. Could be just te area I live in. Good thing to do though.

This. Then having missed a couple of quarters they started behaving like a blood starved vampires. Texting, calling, even calling home phone.

Came to view them like America... if you want me to go, make it easy. If you make it difficult then don't be surprised if I don't make the effort.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'm not allowed to give blood in Canada. Anyone who spent more than 3 months in the UK between 1980 and 1996 is not eligible because of CJD.
Seems a little bit OTT.

Same in the States. Only found out when there was a blood drive in the office and the literature from the Red Cross said the same about CJD.

Based on those parameters that's a lot of potential donors excluded

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I give this thread an A+

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Come on people, can we B+ about this....boom tosh

Gave again today for the umpteenth time. I thought that the health service is particular keen on getting more ethnic minorities to donate, after reading that in the paper last year I can’t help but note in the three subsequent visits I’ve only seen one person of colour giving an armful. Just an observation, I’m not making any other kind of point.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I will add my name to the list of those that may have died without having received blood.

If you can give it please do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I always felt a bit yeugh about giving blood - more than a bit yeugh, actually - I didn't fancy the idea at all. But I screwed myself up and went along to give blood at the place where I then worked. They wouldn't take it.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
= I can’t help but note in the three subsequent visits I’ve only seen one person of colour giving an armful. Just an observation, I’m not making any other kind of point.

Coming over here, stealing our blood.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here