Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rating Brighton's current strikers

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Brighton's strikers:

Andone, Murray, Locadia, and Hemed (even though he is out on loan).

How do you guys rate them and more importantly how do you reckon hutton will use the 3 of andone, murray and locadia once andone is healthy?

I'd imagine 1 of the 3 is going to get 20 minutes or so every few games at best and I'd be surprised if thats a role any 3 would want. Definitely won't be murray since he has been off to a great start. I don't know a whole lot about andone and locadia but they seem to be guys coming from respectable clubs with bigger roles than what they currently have/will have. Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on how they see this playing out and how they rate them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Brighton's strikers:

Andone, Murray, Locadia, and Hemed (even though he is out on loan).

How do you guys rate them and more importantly how do you reckon hutton will use the 3 of andone, murray and locadia once andone is healthy?

I'd imagine 1 of the 3 is going to get 20 minutes or so every few games at best and I'd be surprised if thats a role any 3 would want. Definitely won't be murray since he has been off to a great start. I don't know a whole lot about andone and locadia but they seem to be guys coming from respectable clubs with bigger roles than what they currently have/will have. Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on how they see this playing out and how they rate them.

Please try and get the managers name correct.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
please forgive me for misspelling.....

Sorry I do not have the authority, it is not for me to forgive you, only our saviour “Bloom” can forgive those who have insulted our great leader....

As penance you must say the Lord’s Prayer.

“Our Leader who art in Brighton, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will win, away as it is in Brighton. Give us this day our daily 3-1 victory; and forgive us our childish songs, as we forgive those Defeats against us; and lead us not into relegation , but deliver us from Palace”

Forever & Ever praise be your name “Christopher William Gerard Hughton”

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In terms of rating, Murray could be Albion’s best ever striker. Let’s see how history judges him when after retirement. What he lacks in pace and fitness, he makes up for in guile and finishing ability.

Locadia & Andone have not had enough minutes in an Albion shirt for any reasonable person to rate them for us yet.

Hemed is a top Championship Striker, World Class penalty taker and all round good bloke who won’t let you down.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
In terms of rating, Murray could be Albion’s best ever striker. Let’s see how history judges him when after retirement. What he lacks in pace and fitness, he makes up for in guile and finishing ability.

Locadia & Andone have not had enough minutes in an Albion shirt for any reasonable person to rate them for us yet.

Hemed is a top Championship Striker, World Class penalty taker and all round good bloke who won’t let you down.

The perfect measured response.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think Murray already holds the title “best ever Brighton striker” he has scored prolifically at League One and Championship level and he must be up there as one of the best, if the not the best, top division striker for us?

Locadia I think will turn out well once he gets a run and Andone has some pedigree but we won’t know for a while yet either. Frustrating that both got injured pre-season. Lucky that Murray is an old warhorse. Most of us, myself included and I have always been a big fan, thought he’d just be a squad player when we first got promoted to the Premier. He continues to defy all pre-conceptions and the passing years. Legend and the fact that it sticks in the craw for Palace fans that he is doing so well for us whilst their strikers misfire is a nice bonus too.

Hemed is history.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

That. All you need to know, right there.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Obviously, nobody can really rate Locadia & Andone.

But the fact that CH has let Hemed go, makes me think he must rate then VERY highly

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

I would be stronger in saying Murray IS the Albion's best ever striker. And Hemed is not a top Championship striker for me, he's an above average finisher but a below Championship average footballer.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Sorry I do not have the authority, it is not for me to forgive you, only our saviour “Bloom” can forgive those who have insulted our great leader....

As penance you must say the Lord’s Prayer.

“Our Leader who art in Brighton, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will win, away as it is in Brighton. Give us this day our daily 3-1 victory; and forgive us our childish songs, as we forgive those Defeats against us; and lead us not into relegation , but deliver us from Palace”

Forever & Ever praise be your name “Christopher William Gerard Hughton”

:angel::bowdown::clap2:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I would be stronger in saying Murray IS the Albion's best ever striker. And Hemed is not a top Championship striker for me, he's an above average finisher but a below Championship average footballer.

Michael Robinson is seldom mentioned in the best-ever-striker running - but he worked hard up front for three seasons in the old first division, scoring and creating goals and leading the line in teams that were often struggling.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No 1 Is Glenn Murray, and,
No 2 Is Glenn Murray .....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Amazing how so many people forget Lee Steele's 12 goals for us!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Michael Robinson is seldom mentioned in the best-ever-striker running - but he worked hard up front for three seasons in the old first division, scoring and creating goals and leading the line in teams that were often struggling.

I did think about him when naming GM as the best, I particularly liked the goal he scored at WHL (when it was undergoing an upgrade to a stand). They would have gone top of the table if they’d won and we were right down the bottom of the league, if my memory serves me. A great day out and a very unexpected win. His performances against Liverpool had a lot to do with his transfer there as well I believe. Definitely a contender for best ever Albion striker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here