They say that Old Traffords a wonderful place
But the team that plays there's a ****ing disgrace
With half backs and full backs and forwards too
With their hands down their shorts cos they've **** all to do
The Stretford End sing and the Stretford End shout
But the songs that they sing they know **** all about
We all agree where United should be
Shovelling shit on the Isle of Capri!

(no I haven't heard them sing it, Paris Angel on twitter normally posts it before a derby)

Probably will sound better in the Italian language than Manc!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Thanks Shingle and everyone else for the contributions...

I looked at Matera but coudn't squeeze it into the itinerary. Any reason you reckon I really should go?

cheers

TNBA

TTF

Just a really nice southern Italian town, most people go to see the sassi (caves that the locals used to live in). It's hard to believe that a hundred years ago the population was decimated by Malaria. In Calabria, Tropea on the coast is really nice too.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Naples? Horrid, vile city. Avoid.

I enjoyed Naples. It felt edgy, chaotic and down at heel but definitely authentic Italy. Not horrid or vile. Just don't hang around with the junkies around the train station and try to look like you're not lost (even though you will be) and you'll be fine.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Nice..are you gong for the whole month?

12 days now. I have removed Formia and Anzio off the itinerary to give us a couple of days in 'Wome' before we come back to Blitey. Appreciate all the input and have noted down for future reference. Have decided to stay in Bari and found a cracking looking place in the Old Town. All in all for me and Mrs Fridge, including trains (which are indicative prices only because we can't book them until January) it is working out at about £750 each for the 12 days including flights to/from Glasgow, accommodation and trains but excluding drink and food. So probably about £8,000 each by the time we are finished!:lol:

I really like the fly train/bus/coach approach. There's no car hire to worry about, means you can drink and relax. We did Seville/Cordoba/Granada/Madrid/Bilbao last October and then in April we did a road trip (in my BiL's car) St Malo/Njiort/Bayonne/Gijon/Santiago de Compostella/Salamanca/Badajot/Seville/Ayamonte and next month we are doing fly/train/fly to Venice/Verona/Modena/Bologna/Venice. Bologna being the highlight, my goto place in Italy. Book it all yourself is my motto, far cheaper, more fun to origanise, much more rustic and you only have yourself to blame.
I have some templates I use and a plan of 'order of booking' if anyone wants me to send to them (please contact me off-list).

Cheers everyone......puts me in a marginally better mood after that 'Disaster in Durham' yesterday.......???
???

TNBA

TTF

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
12 days now. I have removed Formia and Anzio off the itinerary to give us a couple of days in 'Wome' before we come back to Blitey. Appreciate all the input and have noted down for future reference. Have decided to stay in Bari and found a cracking looking place in the Old Town. All in all for me and Mrs Fridge, including trains (which are indicative prices only because we can't book them until January) it is working out at about £750 each for the 12 days including flights to/from Glasgow, accommodation and trains but excluding drink and food. So probably about £8,000 each by the time we are finished!:lol:

I really like the fly train/bus/coach approach. There's no car hire to worry about, means you can drink and relax. We did Seville/Cordoba/Granada/Madrid/Bilbao last October and then in April we did a road trip (in my BiL's car) St Malo/Njiort/Bayonne/Gijon/Santiago de Compostella/Salamanca/Badajot/Seville/Ayamonte and next month we are doing fly/train/fly to Venice/Verona/Modena/Bologna/Venice. Bologna being the highlight, my goto place in Italy. Book it all yourself is my motto, far cheaper, more fun to origanise, much more rustic and you only have yourself to blame.
I have some templates I use and a plan of 'order of booking' if anyone wants me to send to them (please contact me off-list).

Cheers everyone......puts me in a marginally better mood after that 'Disaster in Durham' yesterday.......???
???

TNBA

TTF

Envy!

I have a three night stop near Dartmoor in October :moo:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Won't bother with Naples. Spend more time in Rome up there with Paris as the most beautiful capital city in western Europe.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I stayed in the Novotel Salerno with the family in April. 55 euros a night for family room incl brekkie. Not central so needed a car to get to Vesuvius Pompeii Herculaneum Salerno and Naples but a great hotel for the price. Boat to Amalfi from central Salerno but you could drive or get bus. Near Salernitana FC’s stadium and a great pizzeria.

Bari. David Platt used to play for them - that’s all I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here