Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

RIP Robert Eaton

63 Not allowed!
    RIP Robert Eaton and all the victims of 9 11 01

Great work still carries on in your name 17 years on through the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund which has brought joy and happiness to hundreds and hundreds of youngsters Worldwide and continues to do so
    Last edited by Uncle Spielberg; 11-09-2018 at 10:02.
    Spielberg is GOD.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      RIP Robert Eaton and all the victims of 9 11 01

Great work still carries on in your name 17 years on through the Rbert Eaton Memorial Fund which has brought joy and happiness to hundreds and hundreds of youngsters Worldwide and continues to do so
      Well said.

Visited the Memorial a few months ago again. Was in New York when it happened, can't believe it was so long ago. Still vividly recall the whole day and very surreal week that followed.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Really Up the Junction DIFFBROOK's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I too visited the memorial in New Your back in 2016.

Found his name and said a prayer.

Found the whole experience of the memorial and museum heart breaking, yet also very uplifting on the sacrifices people made 17 years ago. I also include the wonderful work that people do re REMF which is also inspiring.

4 Not allowed!
      I was 16 when 9/11 happened and it was the first time in my life I felt we were experiencing one of those moments where there's a clear split between the world before and the world after.

RIP to all those lost.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports
      Members

23 Not allowed!
      Still think back to that terrible day and the NSC thread on it when the awful news dawned on us when we realised that we'd lost one of our own.

For any new to NSC, Albion and the background, Robert used to post under the name 'Ricky Marlowe's Hairpiece'.

He was an active contributor to NSC and had posted on threads on the Sunday, less than 48 hours before the planes hit.

I still count it a genuine honour to have been able to play in the very first REMF game along with others on here.

At a time of increasing polarization of worldviews, the REMF still has the power to bring rival football fans together to improve the lives of others.

Long may it continue its good work and be a fitting tribute to Robert.

He was one of us.
      "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
      - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015
      "It does not matter what league you are in, the goalposts don't move."
      - Glenn Murray, Sunday 4th March 2018

0 Not allowed!
      RIP Robert and all the other victims of 9/11.

6 Not allowed!
      RIP Robert and all those killed that day.

I'm sure Robert would be incredibly proud of all that the REMF has achieved in his name.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016
      AlecsGrandad

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Still think back to that terrible day and the NSC thread on it when the awful news dawned on us when we realised that we'd lost one of our own.

For any new to NSC, Albion and the background, Robert used to post under the name 'Ricky Marlowe's Hairpiece'.

He was an active contributor to NSC and had posted on threads on the Sunday, less than 48 hours before the planes hit.

I still count it a genuine honour to have been able to play in the very first REMF game along with others on here.

At a time of increasing polarization of worldviews, the REMF still has the power to bring rival football fans together to improve the lives of others.

Long may it continue its good work and be a fitting tribute to Robert.

He was one of us.
      Me too. Be nice to all meet up again.

I too have seen Robert's name on the 9/11 memorial, very moving.

Members

4 Not allowed!
      I didn't know Robert, however I did look him up on the memorial and indeed it was very moving.
      Great to know about the great work done, and still being done in his name - typical Brighton!!
      ...Gatting fed the ball to Tony Grealish...who found Neil Smillie...who laid the ball off to Gary Howlett, his pinpoint cross was met by Gordon Smith, who eluded McQueen to send a beautiful header beyond the reach of Gary Bailey.......

3 Not allowed!
      Blimey those 17 years have flown, I remember that afternoon as if it was more recent.

Rest in peace Robert and all the other innocents.

Hopefully, we’ll make it to NYC in the near future and we’ll pay our respects.