Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Applying for a Turkish Visa on line.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Has anyone on NSC done this recently? If it all goes pear shaped, is the Turkish embassy in London an option? They appear to operate an appointments system........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I did it for my son and his 3 children in June and all was ok, with no need to go to the embassy and cheaper than paying when you arrive.

I used the website and links shown in the previous post No 2

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hold on... you need a visa if you go on holiday to Turkey?!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I applied for ours on-line last year.

No problem at all.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I just bought mine at Istanbul airport - I think it was £20 - has to be cash no cards accepted

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Just make sure you have enough time left before your passport expires. My wife's Turkish and we go every couple of years. Last time she got a bit blase and we left it with less than a week to go before applying online, only to discover my youngest passport needed more than the 6 months it had left. Had a stressful week bullying through a child's passport in 4 days. One of Theresa May's last bits of arsing people around as Home Secretary was making it impossible to get a child's passport in 24 hours. Easy enough otherwise and never trust a Tory!

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
When applying on line, you have to attach a bank statement to your application. Is it still possible to purchase a visa when you arrive at a Turkish airport?

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I recently went to Turkey and applied online and had no problem. I did not need to send anything as you input your details, including passport, and it is straightforward. You just print it off at home.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I recently went to Turkey and applied online and had no problem. I did not need to send anything as you input your details, including passport, and it is straightforward. You just print it off at home.

This. Was there two weeks ago. Do it in advance or you may have to queue up twice at the airport.

Good news is Turkey is incredibly cheap at the moment - a decent 3 course meal with a couple of drinks and coffee won’t set you back more than a tenner.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just make sure you have enough time left before your passport expires. My wife's Turkish and we go every couple of years. Last time she got a bit blase and we left it with less than a week to go before applying online, only to discover my youngest passport needed more than the 6 months it had left. Had a stressful week bullying through a child's passport in 4 days. One of Theresa May's last bits of arsing people around as Home Secretary was making it impossible to get a child's passport in 24 hours. Easy enough otherwise and never trust a Tory!

Theresa seems to have a problem with deadlines. You should have told her that if she couldn't do it in 24 hours she could stick the passport up her **** and you'd look towards getting one from China or Burkina Faso.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I have been to Turkey ~15 times. In the past you have been able to purchase at airport however it is now possible to do online as said before. Just visit this website https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en enter in some personal info and its added to your passport so can waltz through arrivals when you land.
Visa lasts for 90 days,

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The problem is, I applied on line on Friday, paid £70.92 for myself and the misses, but didn't include a copy of our passports or bank statements with the applications. I have no email of confirmation/rejection, no visas, and we are due to travel on Friday. The payment of £70.92 appears on my online and statement. I suppose worse case scenario, we could purchase the visas at Bodrum airport?........

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
The problem is, I applied on line on Friday, paid £70.92 for myself and the misses, but didn't include a copy of our passports or bank statements with the applications. I have no email of confirmation/rejection, no visas, and we are due to travel on Friday. The payment of £70.92 appears on my online and statement. I suppose worse case scenario, we could purchase the visas at Bodrum airport?........

Sorry to hear this. You have been on one of the con lines .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Exactly, proves that travelling to the U.K. post Brexit could be a concern......bad news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here