Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Dragon's Den

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Nice bit of interrupting someone with a stammer and patronising them.

Not financially, just being patronising.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Connective tissue gin!!!

How they even entertained that, frankly pathetic idea is mind-boggling. A bit of an insight to the whole collagen issue too: I have a disorder whereby my body doesn't produce enough collagen (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) and I have been through the medical machine countless times since birth (I'm now 41) and I can tell you categorically that ingesting collagen will not help your body produce the stuff anymore than drinking petrol will turn you into a car.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
How they even entertained that, frankly pathetic idea is mind-boggling. A bit of an insight to the whole collagen issue too: I have a disorder whereby my body doesn't produce enough collagen (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) and I have been through the medical machine countless times since birth (I'm now 41) and I can tell you categorically that ingesting collagen will not help your body produce the stuff anymore than drinking petrol will turn you into a car.

It is remarkable what the snake oil brigade get away with.

I'm 47 and have cystic fibrosis. I've been told by some well meaning idiots that I'll be cured if I cut out dairy and prescription medication and drink nettle tea.
....actually, they might want me to die.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I'm 47 and have cystic fibrosis. I've been told by some well meaning idiots that I'll be cured if I cut out dairy and prescription medication and drink nettle tea.

Ha! Having any kind of condition is like football....every **** has an opinion.

"My ex- wife's dogwalker's sister in law's hairdresser swears by soaking her feet in mashed potato and wearing a used nappy on her head. Have you tried that"?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ha! Having any kind of condition is like football....every **** has an opinion.

"My ex- wife's dogwalker's sister in law's hairdresser swears by soaking her feet in mashed potato and wearing a used nappy on her head. Have you tried that"?

Bury a frog at the crossroads by the Church under a full moon. It's really that easy

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Big fan of Dragons Den, albeit as pure Entertainment and understanding than in reality that isn't how investment works.

Very surprised by tonight's episode where alcohol was somehow marketed as a "health" product,

Very very odd and surprised that got by BBC Compliance. In the edit nobody appeared to challenge that unless I missed it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Big fan of Dragons Den, albeit as pure Entertainment and understanding than in reality that isn't how investment works.

Very surprised by tonight's episode where alcohol was somehow marketed as a "health" product,

Very very odd and surprised that got by BBC Compliance. In the edit nobody appeared to challenge that unless I missed it.

Thought exactly the same thing. That's usually when DM will pucker her pruned old face, wobble her chin wattle and with a flap of her bingo wings declare herself out by saying "I'm really not comfortable with that".

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The blond one would definitely get it from me . :thumbsup:

dm.jpg

Seconded.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

If all I had was nettle tea I'd think I'd take that option.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A friend of mine calls Dragons Den "The ******* Factory".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here