ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Soton must have real problems filling their stadium

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gl-southampton-football-club-1[/url]

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A colleague at work supports Southampton. As a season ticket holder he can bring two mates along to the match for £15 each plus he gets some kind of food voucher thrown in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's a non glamour game on a Monday night. Last year we had to do "Bring a mate for £15" to sell out for the Stoke game in similar circumstances.

Totally the issue not very attractive fixture on the graveyard Monday night slot

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Tinpotery of the highest order almost on a par with them up the road

Let's not kid ourselves. Support wise we're similar to both soton and palace. If we were to remain in the prem 5/6 years bobbing around mid to bottom, I'm confident we'd be in the same position trying to sell out the lesser games (esp on telly on a Monday night)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's not kid ourselves. Support wise we're similar to both soton and palace. If we were to remain in the prem 5/6 years bobbing around mid to bottom, I'm confident we'd be in the same position trying to sell out the lesser games (esp on telly on a Monday night)

Very good point as away attendances are slipping away very quickly now

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
True about saints but not about palace. They seem to 'magically' conjur about 10,000 extra fans who are all die-hards but who, for some reason, cannot bring themselves along to any other match outside the premier league.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
True about saints but not about palace. They seem to 'magically' conjur about 10,000 extra fans who are all die-hards but who, for some reason, cannot bring themselves along to any other match outside the premier league.

To be fair, that can be said about a few clubs.

Remember going to Cardiff a few seasons ago for that drab 0-0 and feeling like I could count the amount of Cardiff fans on one hand with fingers left to spare. Now, they're almost full every week.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I guess we aren’t much of a draw[emoji41]

How strange... pretty sure that Sky have secured this one for TV as it's the "huge South Coast Derby between two clubs with a fierce rivalry thus making it a real humdinger of a contest". :albion2:

Not sure, but maybe Sky should check with the supporters of both clubs because I'm not positive any of us feel they have the billing right on this one!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Remember going to Cardiff a few seasons ago for that drab 0-0 and feeling like I could count the amount of Cardiff fans on one hand with fingers left to spare. Now, they're almost full every week.

If they were playing in Red then it might be as much down to the problems the fans had with their owner back then as it is to do with JCLs.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Makes me think of this

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here