Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] I've been interviewed by Louder Than War, so I have....

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
That was a really good read, thank you! Only just found time too (properly that is). Good luck with the album :thumbsup:

Thanks pearl, glad you enjoyed it. I have some CDs of the new album ready to go now if you (or anyone else) is interested. If so, please PM me. They will be on Bandcamp from 1st October whatever.

Cheers!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very interesting interview that made me want to check the music out (which is surely the point :) ).

I can't believe anyone makes music with hearing issues. It staggered me when I heard about Beethoven when I was a kid and about Evelyn Glennie when I was an adult but those are just the two most famous cases. I guess there must be many, shall we say "experienced", musicians who have to get over this due simply to a life surrounded by very loud music. As someone who used to stick my head in the bass bin every now and again when John OO Fleming (didn't think I'd see that name again) was resident at The Zap on a Friday night I'm not sure how I've got away with it. Good luck with your hearing and health. It's funny how you have no idea what others on NSC are going through at times.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Very interesting interview that made me want to check the music out (which is surely the point :) ).

I can't believe anyone makes music with hearing issues. It staggered me when I heard about Beethoven when I was a kid and about Evelyn Glennie when I was an adult but those are just the two most famous cases. I guess there must be many, shall we say "experienced", musicians who have to get over this due simply to a life surrounded by very loud music. As someone who used to stick my head in the bass bin every now and again when John OO Fleming (didn't think I'd see that name again) was resident at The Zap on a Friday night I'm not sure how I've got away with it. Good luck with your hearing and health. It's funny how you have no idea what others on NSC are going through at times.

Those were the days.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks mate.

If anyone's interested in dipping their toe my latest video is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JAQA7hyU3A

I have dipped my toe, albeit streaming over a laptop. I listened after my first post on this thread but (back to hearing) I can't help but feel streaming over a laptop does you a massive injustice. That track in a film score over a big surround sound would be absolutely incredible. Great work.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Thanks mate :)

My hearing issues are a combination of playing very loud live and rehearsing, no coincidence that my left side was my 'amp ear', going to see loads of live bands and the clubbing you mention (those Zap nights were legendary), complicated by health issues including the Meniere's thing. One good thing is that there is far more awareness about noise-induced hearing loss in the music world now, and the associated technology to mean one can still enjoy the live experience without risking permanent damage.

Thanks for the best wishes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here