Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Beginning to agree with Palace

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This forum is nicknamed North Stand Korea on the Palace forum, due to the gypsies belief that discussion is not allowed. I think that they are talking boxxocks, as Bozza allows all and sundry on here without the need for an 'away end'. Well done so far sir.

On the other hand I have seen a change on this forum which will lead to its demise, it is getting dull. Some years ago we had a thread which entertained the football forum nation (Jamie), now we see a thread moved to the 'other stuff' because a couple of people MAY be offended, or upset, or a little too sensitive, call it what you will.The OP is a respected member of NSC, he means no ill, in fact the post has now been accepted as humour even if not liked by all.

But what happens next? Moved to the 'Other Stuff', the polite equivalent of 'closed'. Shame on you Mods, even if it includes EP, the dumbing down of society continues to gather pace,.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This forum is nicknamed North Stand Korea on the Palace forum, due to the gypsies belief that discussion is not allowed. I think that they are talking boxxocks, as Bozza allows all and sundry on here without the need for an 'away end'. Well done so far sir.

On the other hand I have seen a change on this forum which will lead to its demise, it is getting dull. Some years ago we had a thread which entertained the football forum nation (Jamie), now we see a thread moved to the 'other stuff' because a couple of people MAY be offended, or upset, or a little too sensitive, call it what you will.The OP is a respected member of NSC, he means no ill, in fact the post has now been accepted as humour even if not liked by all.

But what happens next? Moved to the 'Other Stuff', the polite equivalent of 'closed'. Shame on you Mods, even if it includes EP, the dumbing down of society continues to gather pace,.

I'm offended that you agree with Palace, this thread needs to be moved to the other stuff and the OP needs a ban for posting such offensive material :lolol:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Any thread where cancer is made light of is always going to cut close to the line for some people. I wasn't offended, many people weren't offended, but that doesn't give us the right to say what others might feel offended by.

If it's a choice between civil & dull, or nasty & cut-throat, I'll choose decency.

And if it comes to a choice between this user-friendly, welcoming forum or that pile of crap north of the M25, I know which I would choose, hands-down.

And FWIW, I don't see how this is evidence of the dumbing-down of society. If anything, we're being wiser and more mature.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Everything was said on the first thread - everybody had their say. There is nothing to add, and no-one's going to change their minds. It could only descend into a personal insult fest, so it was best closed. So should this one be - and any more attempts to start yet another one.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I don't agree. The less a forum lends itself to immaturity and lack of insulting behaviour the more it attracts contributors.

Better a forum that does have some policing for civility than one that descends into the gutter tripe that turns up on places like BBS.

NSC is a huge forum for a reason. It works.

I'll send Bozza the address for my cheque.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Everything was said on the first thread - everybody had their say. There is nothing to add, and no-one's going to change their minds. It could only descend into a personal insult fest, so it was best closed. So should this one be - and any more attempts to start yet another one.

Yet the Brexit thread continues ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS this forum is fine as it is, just leave things alone
Who gives a feck about Palarse.

NorthStandKorea might be apt.
It would seem this place is making people stay despite it not being enjoyable.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The bandwidth has to be paid for as this is one of the busiest football forums around. Bozza chose Google ads to fund it. Google dictates that there is a swear filter and certain things are allowed on the main board.
That's why there is the Other stuff, so censorship isn't part of the forum overall.

The only other way is to pay to use it, unless you want to pay the hundreds of pounds it costs, wellquickwoody?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Other Stuff needs to go back to it's old name ott 'Childish Ramblings'.

Then they glory of NSC will be restored.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The bandwidth has to be paid for as this is one of the busiest football forums around. Bozza chose Google ads to fund it. Google dictates that there is a swear filter and certain things are allowed on the main board.
That's why there is the Other stuff, so censorship isn't part of the forum overall.

The only other way is to pay to use it, unless you want to pay the hundreds of pounds it costs, wellquickwoody?

There are loads of ways to fund a football forum other than users 'paying for it' and NSC receives more than enough income to cover costs. In any case, the site doesn't just have Google ads but incidentally, 'The Other Stuff' forum does include Google ads. Google doesn't dictate that there is a swear filter and what was removed in this instance from the Main Board has nothing at all to do with Google.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

So palace fans, who's forum restricts access for viewing and allows no opposing fans to post other than in an away section, refer to NSC as North Stand Korea?

Yep, have to agree that they are consistent with their delusional views. They really are quite special

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So palace fans, who's forum restricts access for viewing and allows no opposing fans to post other than in an away section, refer to NSC as North Stand Korea?

Yep, have to agree that they are consistent with their delusional views. They really are quite special
Yep, in other news, Zaha doesn't dive.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015

Get a life :ffsparr:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yep, in other news, Zaha doesn't dive.

Feet are so fast that sometimes it might appear to be a blatant dive. Or something like that. Weird thing is that I've seen no perceptible increase in feet speed inside the box compared to outside the box, where he seems to get a little less giddy. Defo not a diver though...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yet the Brexit thread continues ???
Brexit is an ongoing situation - the scene changes regularly. But yes, there are some posts on there which do descend into petty personal insults, sneering and demanding answers to silly questions, but there is still discussion - even if often heated - on the day to day developments.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I moved it without deleting anything, editing anything or banning anyone. You know where it is and you can read it any time you fancy. You can't contribute to it because it was heading down hill rapidly, not because of the OP.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Disappointing direction taken. If you don't like gallows humour then steer clear and don.t keep posting on such threads. There is an decency boundary but that thread, in my view, did not cross it. If it's been moved to the other stuff then why lock it down as well?

And before you ask, I've lost both parents to cancer as well as aunts and uncles and a grandfather I never met because of it. I've also had cancer scares myself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here