Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone Know Which Stadium This Is?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
fa3c0e695f1652cc48a1f6ac5f991c30.jpg

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
My totally uneducated guess will be Portman road Ipswich

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Has a look of Fratton Park but pretty sure it's not.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Does the OP know?

No but I’m now certain it is Newcastle looking at what has been posted, I was watching Hairy Bikers last night and they had footage in the 60’s with the ground on it but didn’t say where, I remember as a child seeing the similar lighting at The Goldstone if not the same type!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's Newcastle.

The roof over the away end wasn't there when 10,000 of us visited in May 79.

Their plan was was to extend the modern Leazes Terrace around Stand in a sweep, but the hated Board (pre Sir John Hall) never had the money and the club struggled on. Always having to sell gems like Beardsley, Waddle and Gazza.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Forgive my ignorance, what makes them Scottish, is it as simple as where they were manufactured ?

You flicked the switch and they gave the equivalent of two burning sporrans in a cave, **** all but you showed you had made the effort!

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Forgive my ignorance, what makes them Scottish, is it as simple as where they were manufactured ?

The angle at the top of main structure connecting to the flood light housing. Most clubs in England have a straight mast and then angle the lights individually downwards.
floodlight.jpg It was prevalant in Scotland to have the whole frame angled down.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The angle at the top of main structure connecting to the flood light housing. Most clubs in England have a straight mast and then angle the lights individually downwards.
It was pView attachment 100419 prevalant in Scotland to have the whole frame angled down.

Iirc they were gas? Seem to remember a very strange sound when they fired them up at halftime for the Saturday Winter games?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here