Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] whitechapel..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i wasn't offended at all ...i have managed to keep my sense of humour , to my mind it's one of the most important attributes a human can have ....so anyway old bean ...i don't get offended by anything that is typed on any message board , ever ......what i was saying was , when your doctor taps his pen on the table and says " you have cancer , unfortunately " it's not a very nice feeling and far from funny .....ok....you melt.!!!!??

oh and well done to whoever locked the thread ...top work ....duhuhuhuhuh.....!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Went to Tayyabs in Whitechapel on tuesday night. Glorious Punjabi food. Can't recommend the dry meat curry highly enough. And the lamb chops starter is to die for. Tremendous BYO value meal at £20 a head :thumbsup:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Hi. :wave:

I was merely pointing out in the other thread that nobody was claiming cancer was funny. The joke (whether people found it funny or not) was taking the piss out of Brighton fans who get annoyed at Mark Lawrenson because he doesn’t mention he used to play for us as often as they’d like, not cancer. In that context your comment saying “it’s not funny” came across as a bit strange to me. Nobody on here claimed cancer was funny, and I’m sure nobody on here finds it funny either. I’m not quite sure why that makes me a melt, but okay... I guess?

I’m sorry if you miscrontued my post as having a dig at you, it wasn’t my intention. If you want to discuss my post further then feel free to drop me a PM on here or message me and ask for my Facebook/Twitter and we can discuss it there if you feel I’m using the anonymous nature of NSC to be a dick (although again, that wasn’t my intention). Either way let’s not clog the forum up with a boring argument that nobody cares about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There were several on that thread who came up with the 'No offence was intended' excuse. I wonder how tolerant they will be when somebody next makes an unintended faux pas or poorly judged joke on a different topic or subject matter. I suspect a great deal of selectivity will be involved..........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And starting a thread about another poster normally means a ban..............

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There were several on that thread who came up with the 'No offence was intended' excuse. I wonder how tolerant they will be when somebody next makes an unintended faux pas or poorly judged joke on a different topic or subject matter. I suspect a great deal of selectivity will be involved..........

IMG-20180908-WA0000.jpg
Here you go :thumbsup:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

A poorly judged joke is a poorly judge joke. Context matters. :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
OK.

Firstly it is never acceptable to start a thread about another user.

Secondly we locked and moved the thread to stop a cancer binfest taking place on NSC when it would clearly upset many regular NSC posters. Now, I'm going to lock this, though not move it, so that those I'm talking to can see the reasons for the actions that have been taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here