Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] University of Brighton

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So now we’re in the Premier League we’re getting a bit Man Utd like and announcing ‘official partners’!

Apparently the University are now our official Higher Education partner. Whatever that means. And it would have been a bit awkward if they weren’t anyway wouldn’t it?! We could hardly have teamed up with Portsmouth University or the University of Southampton!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
We must be due an official Pardner by now.

LHP_Cover_grande.gif

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Flying with the Seagulls

The University has unveiled an exciting new strategic partnership with Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club.

As the Seagulls' new Official Higher Education Partner the University will develop a range of collaborative projects with the Premier League club that will directly benefit students and provide research and enterprise opportunities. These will build on existing links between the club and the School of Sports & Service Management and School of Pharmacy & Biomolecular Sciences and are expected to include research projects and potential PhD studentships as well as community projects. Other benefits include discounted membership for students and staff providing priority access to match tickets and designated ‘discount days’ at the club shop (one of which will be during Freshers’ Week). Details of how to access these benefits will be shared shortly.

The University’s profile will also benefit with its brand featuring in match day advertising at the Amex Stadium and via the Seagull’s website and social media platforms. This will also extend to the University logo making an appearance at the virtual Amex Stadium in the official FIFA 19 console game. The club’s match day media centre will be renamed as ‘The University of Brighton Media Centre’.

Welcoming the new partnership Vice Chancellor, Professor Debra Humphris, said: “I am absolutely delighted that the University is the new Official Higher Education Partner of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club. With the Amex Stadium being right next door to our Falmer campus it makes absolute sense for us to work more closely together. “This partnership will open up exciting opportunities for our students as well as for innovative research and community outreach projects that will directly benefit Brighton and the wider area and has huge potential to raise our profile."

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
So now we’re in the Premier League we’re getting a bit Man Utd like and announcing ‘official partners’!

Apparently the University are now our official Higher Education partner. Whatever that means. And it would have been a bit awkward if they weren’t anyway wouldn’t it?! We could hardly have teamed up with Portsmouth University or the University of Southampton!

But maybe the University of Sussex.???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And Chichester also sniff around having a lot of sport related courses and relative proximity to the training ground.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

It's a bit odd really isn't it. The relationship between both Sussex and Brighton and the club has been really strong with the Amex being the host for many many wonderful events during my time at Sussex. Seems like Brighton have chucked a fair bit of money in the direction of the club and with TB getting his honorary doctorate from UoB it's fair play really but just a shame as Sussex alumni that there isn't an official connection with the club.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've heard the next announcement is their exclusive partnership with Thermos, official flask supplier to Brighton & Hove Albion FC.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's a bit odd really isn't it. The relationship between both Sussex and Brighton and the club has been really strong with the Amex being the host for many many wonderful events during my time at Sussex. Seems like Brighton have chucked a fair bit of money in the direction of the club and with TB getting his honorary doctorate from UoB it's fair play really but just a shame as Sussex alumni that there isn't an official connection with the club.

Perhaps Sussex could be Deputy Higher Education Partner?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Perhaps Sussex could be Deputy Higher Education Partner?

To be fair, everyone knows the vice chancellor is more important than the chancellor.

Honestly, I think the links set up between the two universities and the club since the move to Falmer has been fantastic, and despite my last post, it is wonderful that the club are connected with a local institution. Better than University Campus of Football Business (UCFB) who Burnley and City are heavily affiliated with and supply degrees via Bucks New University.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Looks like UOS has taken a lot of pitch side advertising, perhaps at this time before apps close.

Not sure I like the “Be Bold, Be Curious” slogan, but it’s not aimed at me!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Yes - I think that Sussex has missed a trick. There aren't many unis which have a Prem League club almost literally on their doorstep (other than Brighton Uni of course!). It could be a real pull for students - even though Sussex, unlike Brighton, are more PPE than PE in their degree menu. The 'buzz' from having the ground that near should be exciting in itself.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Junior is very excited about this....he's just about to start his 3rd year at Brighton reading Sport and Exercise Science and really wants to focus on performance analysis so even a chance of any kind of BHA tie-up is excellent news for him and his classmates

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
To be fair, everyone knows the vice chancellor is more important than the chancellor.

Honestly, I think the links set up between the two universities and the club since the move to Falmer has been fantastic, and despite my last post, it is wonderful that the club are connected with a local institution. Better than University Campus of Football Business (UCFB) who Burnley and City are heavily affiliated with and supply degrees via Bucks New University.

I was a little bit involved in the UCFB in its early phase. They have unbelievable access to facilities and contacts and one of their 'classrooms' is Wembley Stadium. I was pretty sceptical initially but they seem to have a lot going for them and will (I think) attract good numbers of students. I think their problem will be the credibility of their degrees outside of football (and indeed. sometimes inside football).

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I wonder if this partnership will eventually lead to some sort of joint construction project replacing some of the University buildings by the West Stand. It consists of the very dated Ringmer House, some ugly prefabs with only temporary planning consent and a tired looking teaching block. All that land would be much less contentious to build on that the land behind the East Stand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here