Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Vaping

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Personally I utterly despise the sickly-sweet odour of vaping. I'd honestly rather you just killed yourselves with tobacco rather than inflicting that thick candyfloss airborne gunk you make us walk through.

Give up, or piss off.

Exactly, smoke ‘properly’ or give up altogether. Are people really that weak that they can quit fags but ‘need something’ so vape instead? Ridiculous, and I say that as an ex-smoker.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I started vaping some time ago, in a bid to eventually give up smoking. I had tried different things in the past so many times and been unsuccessful.

Vaping was 'just' another step on this road to freedom from the habit of cigarette smoking. I do know that I definitely felt better vaping rather than smoking cigarettes.

I am now on day 1,738 without cigarettes or vaping and I feel confident enough to say that I am unlikely to smoke or vape today. Tomorrow, I shall see how I feel about going another day without.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Exactly, smoke ‘properly’ or give up altogether. Are people really that weak that they can quit fags but ‘need something’ so vape instead? Ridiculous, and I say that as an ex-smoker.

You're one happy f@@ker

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is everything to do with THC.
there is no evidence in the U.K. that any person has ever died in this country from the effects of vaping.
THC has been smoked for hundreds of years so my thoughts are that some illegal solvent has been added to the THC to aid extraction.

That isn't exactly correct. Your point that THC has been consumed for hundreds of years is correct, but that surely means it doesn't have anything to do with THC?

My understanding is that this issue relates to vapers in the U.S., both of THC and nicotine vaping oils.

I agree with you that it's likely something used in or to make the oils, but it's not exclusive to THC, it seems to be the use of oils (with a particular kind of manufacturing process I guess, since it's few cases and only in the U.S.)

In fact THC has been vaped for quite a long time, vaporizers were first introduced to the market generally in head shops and they weren't for use with oils they were to heat up cannabis buds, not enough to burn them and produce smoke, but enough to turn the resin into vapour. I would imagine that this kind of vaping, the heating of flowers to below burning temperatures, is probably not any different to smoking a joint except without inhaling smoke.

It's the oils that we don't have a lot of history with and research on which should probably be a concern. I never moved from smoking to vaping (oils) for that reason.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I agree, Vaping may be less harmful than fags but it still can't be good for you. Our lungs are designed by evolution to filter out as much crap out of the air as possible in order to facilitate breathing as cleanly as possible, inhaling a cocktail of nicotine, water and Coconut flavouring is unnatural and can't be good long term. Lungs aren't designed for that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
To be fair you’ve been a pretty miserable f@@cker yourself on here down the years.

Thing is I don't tell people what to do with their life choices and dismiss them if they do something I wouldn't do myself. I don't understand people who chuck money at gambling and I know it destroys lives but I don't dismiss it if someone can't give it up and call it ridiculous. Same with vaping it has helped many people addicted to limit the damage they are doing not just to themselves but others around them. The fact you were able to give up is great and obviously to you makes far superior to others.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This is everything to do with THC.
there is no evidence in the U.K. that any person has ever died in this country from the effects of vaping.
THC has been smoked for hundreds of years so my thoughts are that some illegal solvent has been added to the THC to aid extraction.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/e-cigarettes-regulations-for-consumer-products

The link explains fully the requirements in this country and the ingredients pdf is relatively strict.

If a person decides to vape any old concoction especially THC then that's their problem.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think the answer is very simple ban smoking anywhere in public and extend it to include vaping if you want to do either do it at home if you wish.

Same for alcohol, far more antisocial it's addictive and certainly bad for health.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Same for alcohol, far more antisocial it's addictive and certainly bad for health.

Drinking cans of cider or lager in the streets I would agree with but in a dedicated place it is different. I hate having somebody standing at the bus stop vaping and blowing it out all over all around, the same with smoking and this is coming from a man who smoked cigars for years and was never seen without one. None so pure as the converted.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Drinking cans of cider or lager in the streets I would agree with but in a dedicated place it is different. I hate having somebody standing at the bus stop vaping and blowing it out all over all around, the same with smoking and this is coming from a man who smoked cigars for years and was never seen without one. None so pure as the converted.

The audacity of the man BG, years of polluting everyone with the most disgusting smoking object and no doubt inside public places. You should gender realign to Bens Nanny and become part of the nanny state.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
:eek: Can you get a Mr.Whippy 99 with a Flake by any chance?

bean__69912.1439418607.515.640.jpeg

DoubleChocolate-1000x1241__84610.1433126211.515.640.jpeg

GrahamCracker-1000x1241__86517.1433126228.515.640.jpeg

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I use a voopoo x217 - stopped smoking approx 8 months ago, haven't touched one since.
My lungs feel 100x better than before and i guess it costs me approx £15 per month instead of £150 per month

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Personally I utterly despise the sickly-sweet odour of vaping. I'd honestly rather you just killed yourselves with tobacco rather than inflicting that thick candyfloss airborne gunk you make us walk through.

Give up, or piss off.

Or you could just be considerate with your vaping, like I am.
Don't tar everyone with the 'dickhead' brush.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Smoking is smoking, so is vaping really, just different. glad I gave up fags before all that bollocks was invented.

Also lucky enough to be able to enjoy the very occasional smoke for the pleasure if the mood takes me, without getting hooked or withdrawal.

I can't say I enjoy clouds of smoke, but even when I was a smoker I didn't. I don't think I'm one of those wanker ex smokers that F img moans all the time. There's plenty of space for everyone.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
U.S. health officials on Thursday reported 2,290 confirmed and probable cases and 5 more deaths from a mysterious respiratory illness tied to vaping, taking the total death toll to 47 so far this year.
Last week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recorded 2,172 cases and 42 deaths from the illness.
U.S. officials recently said vitamin E acetate — believed to be used as a cutting agent in illicit vaping products containing marijuana components — was found in all lung samples from 29 patients who were tested.
CDC has called vitamin E acetate a "chemical of concern" and recommended not adding it to e-cigarettes, or vaping products, while the investigation is underway.
Investigators had earlier pointed to vaping oils containing THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, as being especially risky.
The spate of serious respiratory illnesses has led to U.S. officials urging people to stop vaping, especially those products containing THC.
As of Nov. 20, confirmed deaths were reported in 25 states and the District of Columbia, the CDC said. Louisiana became the newest state to report a death from the illness. (http://bit.ly/349bjM1)
The highest number of deaths were from Illinois, which has so far reported 5 deaths and 187 illnesses.
The Trump administration announced a plan in September to remove all flavored e-cigarettes from store shelves, as officials warned that sweet flavors had drawn millions of children into nicotine addiction.
President Donald Trump will host a meeting on vaping at the White House on Friday with a range of groups, including industry and public health representatives, a White House spokesman said on Wednesday.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I have been persuaded to attempt to give up smoking after 50 years. When I have tried vaping before I find the 'taste' all wrong. I have rolled Golden Virginia for over 30 years. Can someone recomend a liquid I might find suitable?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been persuaded to attempt to give up smoking after 50 years. When I have tried vaping before I find the 'taste' all wrong. I have rolled Golden Virginia for over 30 years. Can someone recomend a liquid I might find suitable?

These look like normal cigarettes and use rechargeable batteries and paid filters that come in boxes of five. There is no smell and imo is a good way of giving up tobacco, but you won’t be giving up the nicotine addiction. They come in different strengths, maybe start with high and take it from there.

You won’t have [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] having a rant if he passes you either, as they release smoke like vapour but don’t smell like you are blowing sickly candy floss into the air. So you can also smoke inside without polluting the place. No need to carry liquids, and fill a container to then look like a Rasta on the beach when you disappear into a haze of smoke. Unless you like that sort of thing :wink:

Not sure you can replace the Golden Virginia experience so you need to accept that or just carry on smoking fags imo

https://www.healthandcare.co.uk/ok-vape-electronic-cigarettes-and-refills.html

Re reading your post it seems that you may want to go down the liquids route so the above will be useless for you!

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

You'll never get a perfect tobacco flavour but I've found that (if you are mixing your own) Dirty Neutral Base by Inawera will give you the ash flavour. Otherwise just forget that you are not smoking but that you are vaping and choose one that you like. Lots of people like just plain old menthol. I would recommend onepoundeliquid.com/ especially Heizen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here