Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Nike's new advert

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on there, let's just do it:-

The background is Colin Kapernick chose to highlight the 'Black Lives Matter' campaign by kneeing through the American National Anthem, this is turn was taken up by many NFL players, and across other sports.

Big Donny T decided this was anti-American and an insult to all American Veterans.
Naturally the further right you go the more rabid this opinion becomes.

Colin K is now a divisive figure in American sport and hasn't played for a couple of years despite his obvious talent and abilities outshining many current NFL quarterbacks.

Nike kept Colin on the payroll and have now put him front and centre of their latest advertising campaign.

This hasn't gone down well causing plenty of (white) Americans to burn their Nike clothing in order to post it on social media.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The background is Colin Kapernick chose to highlight the 'Black Lives Matter' campaign by kneeing through the American National Anthem, this is turn was taken up by many NFL players, and across other sports.

Big Donny T decided this was anti-American and an insult to all American Veterans.

Colin K is now a divisive figure in American sport and hasn't played for a couple of years despite his obvious talent and abilities outshining many current NFL quarterbacks.

Nike kept Colin on the payroll and have now put him front and centre of their latest advertising campaign.

This hasn't gone down well causing plenty of (white) Americans to burn their Nike clothing in order to post it on social media.

**** the white Americans

There’s plenty of other reasons to dislike Nike than this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love the brilliance of Americans burning or destroying shit they've already paid for.

Absolute idiots.

Reminds me of when all those religious types were publicly burning Ozzy Osborne records. He said he didn’t mind as they had to buy the record before they could burn it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Including burning shoes whilst wearing them.

Sadly that was all a rues, believe me the story would have been included were it not for 'fact check'. B*****ds.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Got to say that Nike's ad agency are absolutely killing it (and always have) the Nothing Beats a Londoner campaign over here and now this are both incredibly emotive for entirely different reasons. They also know they're not trying to sell their product to angry, (often older) white Americans. They actively don't want the Trumps of this world wearing Air Jordans.

I think Colin Kaepernick should be lauded for his commitment (enforced or not) to fighting injustice. He put his reputation and career on the line to highlight an issue and has ultimately suffered for it.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Whilst there is an element of him not being signed because he is seen as divisive, he is actually a bit shit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst there is an element of him not being signed because he is seen as divisive, he is actually a bit shit.

Are you suggesting there's 64 better QB's in the NFL?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
IMG-20180905-WA0018.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I like it :)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Are you suggesting there's 64 better QB's in the NFL?

For the money he is a risk not least his performance has declined and the baggage he will bring. That's the opinion of Michael Vick. Will some owners bypass him because of his political views? I'm sure they do but I'm equally sure if he was up there with Brady someone would have taken him on. Sport is littered with individuals who are good enough but are just deemed more trouble than they are worth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here