Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Football365 article

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
https://www.football365.com/news/brightons-new-tactics-could-lead-to-gross-negligence

Interesting little read on us here, a good website I dip into occasionally when I need to find something insightful to say to friends of an evening:

It’s time for a statistical analysis of Brighton & Hove Albion’s season so far. Why? Because it’s there, of course. But also because, while the attention of Premier League fans has mostly been elsewhere, Chris Hughton has been quietly (of course) overseeing a quiet (of course) revolution at Falmer Stadium. Or, if you prefer, the Amex.

Admittedly, if you look at the table, not much has changed. The Seagulls are just about where you’d expect them to be. They’re in 14th place, very close to the 15th of last year. They have four points from four games, which for a full season would mean 38, very close to last year’s 40. They’ve even beaten Manchester United at home, just like last season. Status quo.

Last edited by a moderator:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It's interesting but need at least 10 games if not a lot more for it to be relevant. We've played 2 of the big 6 in our 4 games so far so difficult to judge.

I liked the explanation about Gross and Bissouma though particularly. I think Izquierdo and Ali will fit the style well as new purchases too. Just intrigued to see how the two newer strikers fit the plan A or plan B.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On the other hand, I'd never have seen this interesting article if the OP hadn't posted it. I think most of us just look at the front page of NSC rather than scour previous pages so BF1983 was performing a useful service.

On the other hand I was pointing out that as the poster was interested in the article he might like to see the other posts as well :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here