Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Farage Watch 2018

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Now we are out of the E.U. ( or very will soon be) Does Nigel still carry on with his 200k a year with expenses or has he pulled out now. No really I don’t know.

He stopped receiving money eyes ago..
To be frank it's not the EU's money its every members money so it's right that some members have freedom of speech.People talk like the EU is a country that earns it's money.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Why is it racist to not want mass immigration? Seriously? The guy clearly isn’t a racist.

No of course not. Him and that poster - it was exactly the same as the constant references to Turkey joining The EU he made - it wasn't him playing on some peoples subliminal fears about Islam and the brown people in the picture at all. Clearly not.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So apart from the non stop left wing media ,protests and challenges to derail brexit you now want to protest against a influential brexiteer who is spot on when it comes to the hideous EU.

You idiots never stop !!!
The Mans a legend :)

You are allowed to express your opinion without calling everyone stupid. This is a safe space for all.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I really don't think that is correct and I think it's rather hysterical of you to think that. Why are you so insecure about your own beliefs and opinions that you won't let others have theirs? Especially regarding your Avatar and Rothbard's questionable views on race, equality and women's rights.

Anyway, to save any more of your histrionics I have changed my avatar and my signature. I hope that settles you down.

Good on you.

Now if you could learn to express your points of view in a way which respected and considers the points of view of others and stuck to the details of the argument, you might actually be able to engage in some civilized debate. Maybe you could learn something from others who disagree with you. Maybe they could learn something from you.

It starts with being civil though.

Baby steps.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good on you.

Now if you could learn to express your points of view in a way which respected and considers the points of view of others and stuck to the details of the argument, you might actually be able to engage in some civilized debate. Maybe you could learn something from others who disagree with you. Maybe they could learn something from you.

It starts with being civil though.

Baby steps.

Civil and relevant. And non- patronising, of course :wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has he released his Tax Returns yet, or is he still embarrassed about all his Russia Today 'appearance money' [emoji38]ol: ???

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm sorry, I can accept that it was done with good intentions, but it wasn't "action to save lives". The people involved here were not refugees, a refugee is escaping danger and seeking refuge.

When you enter Turkey from Syria you are seeking refuge in Turkey to escape danger in Syria. But when you enter Germany from one of it's surrounding countries you are not a refugee, you are not looking to cross a boarder to escape danger. They crossed from Austria, they were safe in Austria. They were also safe in Hungary before that, and Serbia, Macedonia and Greece before that. Once they got out of Syria their lives were saved, and they stopped being refugees and they became migrants.

I'm not being mean spirited, I feel for anyone in those circumstances, but if you are going to say that Germany saved those peoples lives, then you are going to end up having to argue that those opposed to the German policy didn't care about people whose lives were in danger, and that is patently false.

Hungary and Austria received assylum applications at higher rate per capita than Germany did, and could not process more. At the point Merkel agreed to take them, thousands were massed on the border of Hungary and Serbia, they were stuck. Winter was coming, at that point there was a crisis which Merkel relieved. She saved lives. I believe she hoped that others would share the burden, but she found that was not the case.
The other point missed by most here, is that as refugees, they are offered temporary asylum in Germany. When conflict is resolved in Syria, they would no longer be automatically entitled to remain and most will be required to return home. Very few would ever go on to become German citizens and have the rights of any other EU citizen to travel and work in the EU.
We do not do that here, we grant asylum on a permanent basis so that people can get on with their lives, we also offer family reunification after 6 months, which is 18 months sooner than most in Europe. This is one of the reasons many will try to get to the UK, the husband will make the hazardous journey, and risk his life to get to Britain, so his wife and Children may join him, if they can get to the UK embassy.

Jan 30, 2008
Hungary and Austria received assylum applications at higher rate per capita than Germany did, and could not process more. At the point Merkel agreed to take them, thousands were massed on the border of Hungary and Serbia, they were stuck. Winter was coming, at that point there was a crisis which Merkel relieved. She saved lives. I believe she hoped that others would share the burden, but she found that was not the case.
The other point missed by most here, is that as refugees, they are offered temporary asylum in Germany. When conflict is resolved in Syria, they would no longer be automatically entitled to remain and most will be required to return home. Very few would ever go on to become German citizens and have the rights of any other EU citizen to travel and work in the EU.
We do not do that here, we grant asylum on a permanent basis so that people can get on with their lives, we also offer family reunification after 6 months, which is 18 months sooner than most in Europe. This is one of the reasons many will try to get to the UK, the husband will make the hazardous journey, and risk his life to get to Britain, so his wife and Children may join him, if they can get to the UK embassy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSYDatf_NX4:rolleyes:
regards
DR

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah, that's playing out really well. He told barefaced lies about theEU and continues to take their (your) money to sit on the gravy train.

Hey Clamp, I don’t think Farages salary is even the equivalent of a single granule in the EU proverbial gravy train so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

But surely you can accept both sides told lies and actually, the overwhelming establishment support for Remain made it more remarkable that Leave won. As someone’s already pointed out, he was effectively proven ‘right’ and that probably more than anything else this still rankles with those who dismissed him - it’s hard to accept hubris, even more so when you fought an equally dirty campaign and held a considerable advantage.

I’m a bit indifferent to Farage, some of what he says is perfectly valid, the manner in which he says however isn’t helpful. But I simply don’t buy the constant hysterical attempts to portray him as some sort of modern day Hitler by many. This article you’ve linked to for example, the fact the ‘anti fascists’ are saying he’s not welcome implies he’s a ‘fascist’ simply because they’re there: but he’s not, despite attempts to demonise him as. Show me where he’s written a comparable to Mein K for example? More than ever, today people seem to need to label someone, however inaccurate, to suit their opinion and ‘win at any cost’. It’s hashtag culture and that to my mind is more dangerous especially when people’s attention rarely strays beyond headlines, the era of fake news etc.

But the ‘cost’ is reasoned debate, which has been suffocated as a consequence. The race to the bottom by both sides is over. Result? A Draw.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You've got one thing right. Racism used to mean hating another country or culture. Now it just means loving and being proud of your own.

We have a lot to love and be proud of about this country, and it is not racist or demeaning to any other country or culture to know that or to say it.

I love my country, I am not particularly proud of it at the moment though. Who do you mean when you say "being proud of your own"?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So apart from the non stop left wing media ,protests and challenges to derail brexit you now want to protest against a influential brexiteer who is spot on when it comes to the hideous EU.

You idiots never stop !!!
The Mans a Bellend :)

Corrected.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hey Clamp, I don’t think Farages salary is even the equivalent of a single granule in the EU proverbial gravy train so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

But surely you can accept both sides told lies and actually, the overwhelming establishment support for Remain made it more remarkable that Leave won. As someone’s already pointed out, he was effectively proven ‘right’ and that probably more than anything else this still rankles with those who dismissed him - it’s hard to accept hubris, even more so when you fought an equally dirty campaign and held a considerable advantage.

I’m a bit indifferent to Farage, some of what he says is perfectly valid, the manner in which he says however isn’t helpful. But I simply don’t buy the constant hysterical attempts to portray him as some sort of modern day Hitler by many. This article you’ve linked to for example, the fact the ‘anti fascists’ are saying he’s not welcome implies he’s a ‘fascist’ simply because they’re there: but he’s not, despite attempts to demonise him as. Show me where he’s written a comparable to Mein K for example? More than ever, today people seem to need to label someone, however inaccurate, to suit their opinion and ‘win at any cost’. It’s hashtag culture and that to my mind is more dangerous especially when people’s attention rarely strays beyond headlines, the era of fake news etc.

But the ‘cost’ is reasoned debate, which has been suffocated as a consequence. The race to the bottom by both sides is over. Result? A Draw.

I think he is a dangerous man. Comparable to Hitler? Hmm, that's a stretch. He shares some tactics with some of history's dictators. Blaming minority groups for the country's troubles etc but no, I have never really thought him a modern day Hitler.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I love my country, I am not particularly proud of it at the moment though. Who do you mean when you say "being proud of your own"?

Own country or culture. (It reads gramatically that way too if you read the full sentence in context with the previous one - I wasn't saying "your own kind" or something like that if that's how you read it).

& I wasn't talking so much about current politics or policy, I was talking more generally about things like British Common Law and it's influence historically and around the world. Other influences like literature and our role in important scientific and technological achievements historically, things like that.

I'm certainly not talking about being proud of Theresa May or Tony Blair etc.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here