Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Littering

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Following on from a post earlier with regard to fly tipping, and recent posts on littering generally, I offered the following suggestion:

Most fast food drive throughs have ink jetting / the tech to ink jet external packaging. Why don't they apply a car reg to the outer packaging so it makes it more likely that people will think before dumping their McD's, KFC, Burger King wrappers out of the car window.

Does anyone feel this is going too far?

I only ask as I have an opportunity to drop this in front of some people who may like the idea and would prefer to gather your thoughts first .... oh wise NSC'ers!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
dragons-den-dragons-1238270.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Great idea imho, though it might be hard to prove if you'd thrown it out of your car window, or if a seagull had got it out of a bin?

Last edited:

MisterE

Nov 2, 2009
Excellent idea

Following on from a post earlier with regard to fly tipping, and recent posts on littering generally, I offered the following suggestion:

Most fast food drive throughs have ink jetting / the tech to ink jet external packaging. Why don't they apply a car reg to the outer packaging so it makes it more likely that people will think before dumping their McD's, KFC, Burger King wrappers out of the car window.

I only ask as I have an opportunity to drop this in front of some people who may like the idea and would prefer to gather your thoughts first .... oh wise NSC'ers!

If this is what the fast food places can do - then it is an excellent idea. People only have a problem with things like this if they are one of the culprits surely.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If this is what the fast food places can do - then it is an excellent idea. People only have a problem with things like this if they are one of the culprits surely.

Once the culprits are caught, the only course of action should be to cut off their goolies.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Totally unprovable in court. From the fact it could have blown out of a bin to a vindictive employee stictching up an enemy. Waste of time and money.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If I want to buy myself a veggie thingummy from McDonalds at Crossbush and drop my rubbish out the window as I pass through Arundel, I will.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If I want to buy myself a veggie thingummy from McDonalds at Crossbush and drop my rubbish out the window as I pass through Arundel, I will.

Indeed you will, and then them mean folk of Arundel will round you up and dip you in the river!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Totally unprovable in court. From the fact it could have blown out of a bin to a vindictive employee stictching up an enemy. Waste of time and money.

It's a deterrent, that's all. May make people think twice, some will still luzz it out without a care in the World but many won't.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a great idea.

now what about those buying over the counter, without a car? perhaps a photo of the purchaser, maybe ask for id and print on their address?

el punal

Easy answer - all those fast food outlets to serve their shit without any sort of packaging. So the burgers, chicken, chips and other assorted crap gets given to you without any wrapping. The solution, therefore, would be the buggers have to eat them quick smart before they start seeping through the fingers. As for drinks, bring your own flasks to be topped up with whatever liquid piss the establishment is offering. There, problem solved, no rubbish.

P.S. Flasks can be purchased for a discounted price at the Amex Left Flask Office - all sizes, all shapes. Hurry! When they’re gone, they’re gone!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Make special fast food packaging which self combusts after 5 minutes. If they've eaten the burger already, it gets rid of the packaging. If they haven't - it'll warm it up nicely again for a second attempt !! :thumbsup:

I'll give you 10% of the company for a 75p investment and I'm only here for Peter Jones because he's more famous than the rest of them put together, no other reason, just like everyone else. I thank you..

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

It maybe unprovable in court but these thick individuals who throw rubbish onto our streets don't know that

The other day while going Shopping a youth late teens on a push bike throws a half empty can of Stella into a bush I said don't do that pointing to a rubbish bin was less than ten feet away, smiling at me and through a burp he replied if you want it in the bin so bad why don't you put it there, which I did, I then said to same youth why do you this his response "it keeps somone in a job!" But who has to pay to clean up after you I asked his response was "don't know" I put it to him that we all pay he was oblivious to this as a fact the conversation continued until I reached the point that I realised nothing was going in so I just asked that in future he puts rubbish in the bin and we parted ways

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
ID cards no purchase of certain items without ID card the proscriptive list might include drinks containers, fast food containers, items are barcoded with the ID number

All waste collected from the street hedge rows and not from bins can be scanned each item scanned incures a charge added to their council tax, the number of offences ramps up over time reach a trigger point where the courts come involved

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’d just rip the barcode / registration off and chuck the rest. :shrug:

I wouldn’t really. I hate people who don’t clear up their own mess and have, in the past, thrown rubbish back into a car that had landed on the pavement in front of me (the car was parked).

The only answer really is to get rid of packaging as is happening with single use cups so that if you want a container you have to bring your own.

The only downside is that you couldn’t eat or drink on the way to the AMEX as you wouldn’t be allowed to take your containers in!

D

Deleted member 22389

Thing is my brother works for a well known Burger chain and people have deliberately thrown rubbish out of their windows in front of him, called him a thick idiot and all sorts. It's these people that need a nice hefty fine.

If someone did that to me, I would probably pick up the whole bin and pour it straight through their car window and lose my job in the process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here