Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Rachael Bland RIP

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Former presenter on R5 and more recently involved in a very good podcast talking frankly about Cancer (which she died of) has passed away aged 40 ...used to listen to her on the radio and the aforementioned podcast.....leaves a husband and a young child.

Last edited:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Awful news. I don't know how she (and many others in the same situation) had the strength to be as articulate and thoughtful during her illness. The thought of leaving behind my own young children at such a young age would leave me a gibbering mess I'm sure.

R.I.P.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
An awfully sad loss; she was such a courageous and beautiful human being. RIP my lovely x

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very sad news.

I listened to her broadcasting and podcasts and she brought light to a very dark place.

Sad day

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Really sad news. Such a young age to leave behind a child and husband.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Very sad,such a brave woman.RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So sad. I read a tweet from her yesterday saying she only had days left. Imagine knowing that.

She did say a few words about this, mainly that it was quite surreal and that she held back any related emotions as she wanted to make the last days with her family as good as they could possibly be. What an incredible person.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Having lost my parents at relatively young ages to cancer and a brother aged 39 who left behind a wife and 6 year old, this is a story that has upset me. I have followed her output for a while and she is an incredible woman. so very, very sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here