Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Steve Sidwell: ‘I wanted the tears to happen. Then I was done as a player’ - interview

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bloody good article. A PL footballer who clearly never lost his grasp on reality.

A fine fella and I wish him all the best for whatever path he chooses.

(And I also miss singing his song and his reaction to it every time)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Albion Hero, Held that Midfield together with Dale in our promotion season. He had one hell of a season!

Brilliant first time around too, Hopefully he stays with the club for some time to come.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Interesting what he says about how footballers get divorced from normal life and caught in their own bubble.

I love watching Brighton players on the pitch but off the field some of them do act a bit twattishly, as you'd expect of young men paid huge amounts of money and given such a high profile. I'm probably one of the few people who found the bus parade on the seafront a bit cringey – watching the players chuck beer around, swear in front of the kids and sing the song about Shane Duffy shagging who he wants left me a bit cold.

Sidders comes across as a player you could have an intelligent conversation with on a variety of subjects. Of course there are others.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting what he says about how footballers get divorced from normal life and caught in their own bubble.

I love watching Brighton players on the pitch but off the field some of them do act a bit twattishly, as you'd expect of young men paid huge amounts of money and given such a high profile. I'm probably one of the few people who found the bus parade on the seafront a bit cringey – watching the players chuck beer around, swear in front of the kids and sing the song about Shane Duffy shagging who he wants left me a bit cold.

Sidders comes across as a player you could have an intelligent conversation with on a variety of subjects. Of course there are others.

Liam especially. His articles in The Guardian were so good, because he covered such a range of subjects with customary insight. Great that LR and SS have come straight back to the club.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Liam especially. His articles in The Guardian were so good, because he covered such a range of subjects with customary insight. Great that LR and SS have come straight back to the club.

They both came across well when they appeared together on The Debate on Sky Sports.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Stephens and Murray come across as really nice blokes in person. Happy to stop and chat with fans. Dale has the whitest teeth of anyone I've ever met.
Izquierdo seemed like a happy chappy when I chatted to him.
Until today, I'd have said the same about Bong...

#Namedropping

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Got a great anecdote about him at Wembley in the cup semi but really can’t post it on here :lol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Stephens and Murray come across as really nice blokes in person. Happy to stop and chat with fans. Dale has the whitest teeth of anyone I've ever met.
Izquierdo seemed like a happy chappy when I chatted to him.
Until today, I'd have said the same about Bong...

#Namedropping

You've obviously never met Alex Revell

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here