Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Danish Amateurs

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
You clicked because you thought you'd see some naked blonde housewives, but sorry to disappoint. Instead look out for the Danish national team in the next two Nations League games against Slovakia and Wales. Due to disagreement between the Danish FA and the players' union, the normal pros are refusing to play under the new agreement. As the Danish women missed a World Cup qualification game through a strike earlier this year, the Danish FA have been threatened by UEFA and FIFA to be banned from the next big tournament if they "no show" again. As such the Danish FA have tried to scrape together an alternative national team. This hasn't been easy, as many of the clubs in the top 3 tiers are showing solidarity with the players' union and refusing to co-operate. Today they have managed to scrape together a team consisting of players from the 3rd and 4th tiers, and more bizarrely, some Futsal players. My old club Vanløse IF have provided 4 players, which is the equivalent (in standard) of Whitehawk providing players to the English national team. It should be fun seeing them up against Gareth Bale and co. They will be managed by John Jensen, he of Arsenal that could never score, and who has run out of clubs that will have him in Denmark. It could be the making of a film if they win one of the games... There is still hope yet for you amateurs out there.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You clicked because you thought you'd see some naked blonde housewives, but sorry to disappoint. Instead look out for the Danish national team in the next two Nations League games against Slovakia and Wales. Due to disagreement between the Danish FA and the players' union, the normal pros are refusing to play under the new agreement. As the Danish women missed a World Cup qualification game through a strike earlier this year, the Danish FA have been threatened by UEFA and FIFA to be banned from the next big tournament if they "no show" again. As such the Danish FA have tried to scrape together an alternative national team. This hasn't been easy, as many of the clubs in the top 3 tiers are showing solidarity with the players' union and refusing to co-operate. Today they have managed to scrape together a team consisting of players from the 3rd and 4th tiers, and more bizarrely, some Futsal players. My old club Vanløse IF have provided 4 players, which is the equivalent (in standard) of Whitehawk providing players to the English national team. It should be fun seeing them up against Gareth Bale and co. They will be managed by John Jensen, he of Arsenal that could never score, and who has run out of clubs that will have him in Denmark. It could be the making of a film if they win one of the games... There is still hope yet for you amateurs out there.

The Slovakia - Denmark game is a friendly not a Nations League game

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
there was a time players would rip your arm off to play for their country ... seems even International football is far more about money now than national pride ... so its now not a country v club argument its a country v player as to who gets the money

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I just Googled 'Danish Amateurs' to read more on this and see some actual video footage to ascertain the quality - it's a bit different in terms of what I get when I Google 'Bostik League South East Division'.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
there was a time players would rip your arm off to play for their country ... seems even International football is far more about money now than national pride ... so its now not a country v club argument its a country v player as to who gets the money

You're not wrong, it's all about the money. But being close up to this conflict I can see both sides. The Danish FA like the English FA is not getting the same income from grass roots football, so they are trying to milk the national team for all they can get. This conflict is largely about the players image rights being used by the FA to earn big for them. The players' union and the FA are both as nasty and incompetent as each other - and to be fair the normal pros just want to play, but have to follow the union's decisions...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've eaten bacon. Does that make me Danish? I can play.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Slovakia 1-14 tomorrow and Denmark 12-1 , funny if you backed Slovakia and suddenly the full Danish side runs out

I'm surprised Mr Bloom hasn't seen an opportunity here...

£1m on Denmark at 12-1, then offer 11 of their first team players £250,000 each in cash to run out and smash Slovakia.

Profit-tastic!! :whistle:

** or, alternatively, offer the whole Slovakia squad £250,000 each to do a 'Benteke' and be perfectly able to miss a cows arse with a banjo.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
A lot of respect to them. Have played with big hearts against a decent Slovakia team. Could even have scored one or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Only losing 3-0 with a few minutes left , those who went LARGE on goals have been stuffed

Denmark amateurs matched Scotchland’s score against ‘em. Classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here