Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] HP Contact

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wanted to ask HP a question but they appear to not operate an email contact address or telephone contact number for either customer services or support. The website does not recognise the serial number or product number of my lap top. All I wanted to know is what hard drive is installed in this laptop as I wish to buy another larger one and reading on the net there are different connections etc. So wanted to ensure I ordered the correct one

Anybody have any contact details for them please.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
In start, search for HP Support Assistant and have a look at MyDevices. Info should be there, but that is also how you get in contact with them.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
158FE699-15D3-4D00-8D26-136C758508D2.jpeg

Sorry couldn’t resist.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/products

You should be able to enter the serial number of the laptop on the site above and you should be able to find out the specs of the laptop and what drives it could take.

Unless it's a high end laptop it's highly like it will just take a normal 2.5" drive, either HDD or SSD with a sata connection.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks for that I will keep trying it as it seems continually busy. I got a couple of another numbers n line but each came back number not recognisef

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/products

You should be able to enter the serial number of the laptop on the site above and you should be able to find out the specs of the laptop and what drives it could take.

Unless it's a high end laptop it's highly like it will just take a normal 2.5" drive, either HDD or SSD with a sata connection.

It doesnt recognise either the serial number or product number on that site hence wanting to contact them. I read something about ensuring the new hard drive had the correct wiring as some had IDE whatever that is.

Are you saying virtually any 2.5" drive bought on E bay should work. My granddaughters laptop is, quite an old Compaq C500

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I wanted to ask HP a question but they appear to not operate an email contact address or telephone contact number for either customer services or support. The website does not recognise the serial number or product number of my lap top. All I wanted to know is what hard drive is installed in this laptop as I wish to buy another larger one and reading on the net there are different connections etc. So wanted to ensure I ordered the correct one

The ingredients are on the back of the bottle.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria

Have you tried looking at the hard drive?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you tried looking at the hard drive?

I have with it is situ and not removing it and it means nothing to me.

1st step buy a new one with more GBs
2nd Step Look at You Tube to see how to remove it and install new one.
3rd Step copy from old one to new via data stick. or perhaps that should be the first.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It doesnt recognise either the serial number or product number on that site hence wanting to contact them. I read something about ensuring the new hard drive had the correct wiring as some had IDE whatever that is.

Are you saying virtually any 2.5" drive bought on E bay should work. My granddaughters laptop is, quite an old Compaq C500

I don't know that model, so I couldn't say for certain. If it's using an IDE drive then you need to make sure you buy a correct compatible drive. IDE connections are old technology now. Is the laptop the same one you rebuilt with windows 7 last week? Personally if it is as old as it appears to be then the value of putting a new hard drive in will be minimal. Windows 7 is out of support in January 2020, which means it won't be patched anymore and any security flaws found will be left. I'd recommend saving your money and putting it towards a new windows 10 laptop.

If you still want to go ahead with the hard drive upgrade can you take a photo of the label on the bottom of the drive (if it's visible when you take the cover off the laptop) and post it here. It might tell us more about what the drive is.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if finding/inputing the correct serial number is a challenge, then i think a hard disk upgrade is going to be bit too complex. go to PC world and buy a USB external drive to plug in, and move over all your stuff (pics, video, MP3s or what not).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wanted to install my Cannon printer but it said that 2800 MB was required and I only had 2636 MB available so thought a larger hard drive was the answer.I saw one advertised on ebay 320 GB refurbished for £20 with Windows 10 installed plus Office 2009.with a 6 month guarantee.which seems a bargain.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I wanted to install my Cannon printer but it said that 2800 MB was required and I only had 2636 MB available so thought a larger hard drive was the answer.I saw one advertised on ebay 320 GB refurbished for £20 with Windows 10 installed plus Office 2009.with a 6 month guarantee.which seems a bargain.
I'd start by clearing out your existing hard drive.

Try CCleaner as a start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here