The Fatherland
**** Buttons

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
0870a4d8e6e748dc21e8dc50ca62a801.jpg

These biodegradable ones, I’m gonna pitch them to the post office too!

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Not a band but a singer.. Susan Cadogan, reggae singer from the 70's. One of her albums was amongst a whole bunch of Ska and Reggae vinyl I bought recently. Absolutely brilliant and have bought more of her albums since.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Idles.

Completely missed their debut, 'Brutalism', last year but heard 'Joy as an Act of Resistance' in a pub the other night and haven't stopped listening to it since.

Ooh, good call. 'Danny Nedelko' is a great song.

My own choice would be the Lovely Eggs. Hadn't hear of them until this year. And yes, very VERY late I know, but I never saw any of their stuff when I was browsing through the 78s in my local record shop. (With a nod to the 'When did modern life defeat you?' thread).

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Idles.

Completely missed their debut, 'Brutalism', last year but heard 'Joy as an Act of Resistance' in a pub the other night and haven't stopped listening to it since.

They're good, and I'm looking forward to seeing them at C2 next month. They were on at End of the Road over the weekend, as were Shame, who I don't like as much, but I suspect will be really big. Really young, a singer with quite a presence, and an energetic bass player.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Ghost. They have been around for a few years now. Saw them at Wacken this year. Worth checking out if you have not already done so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqoyKzgkqR4

I'm afraid they are a bit Marmite. Saw them at Sonisphere years ago. They came with quite a reputation even then. Thought they were terrible, but gave them the benefit of being on in the afternoon and in daylight. Saw them headline Bloodstock last year. Still didn't like them, however other people were raving about them . Got a decent sized crowd, so I think it's safe to say I am in a minority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here