Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Under 21s v Luton

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
7.8 Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match:

7.8.1 at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

7.8.2 no more than two players who:

(i) are aged 21 or over; and

(ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute)

in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So it's basically U21s + 3 or 4 U23s + maybe 2 of Steele, Suttner or Schelotto ?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So it's basically U21s + 3 or 4 U23s + maybe 2 of Steele, Suttner or Schelotto ?

I reckon Suttner and Steele. Schelotto seems well out of the picture at the moment. It could be a very young side as some of our Dev squad are on International duty! How times have changed, I remember when we used to get excited when one of our youngsters got picked for their national u17 side! Now we have several!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I reckon Suttner and Steele. Schelotto seems well out of the picture at the moment. It could be a very young side as some of our Dev squad are on International duty! How times have changed, I remember when we used to get excited when one of our youngsters got picked for their national u17 side! Now we have several!

Who is on international duty ?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Who is on international duty ?

Aaron Connolly will join up with Republic of Ireland's under-19s for two friendlies against Wales on Sunday 9th September and Tuesday 11th September.

Hugo Keto has been included in Finland’s under-21 squad that will play UEFA qualifying fixtures against Denmark and Poland on Friday 7th September and Tuesday 11th September respectively.

Summer arrival Anders Dreyer could come up against his team-mate Keto, after being included in Denmark’s under-21 squad to face Finland, before the Albion winger’s nation play Lithuania on Tuesday 11th September at the Gargzdai Stadium.

Stefan Ljubicic also has two under-21 UEFA qualifiers for Iceland, as the Albion striker’s nation play Estonia on Thursday 6th September, before coming up against Slovakia on Tuesday 11th September.

Peter Gwargis, who joined the club last month, has been included in Sweden’s under-18 squad that will play in the Four Nations tournament between Thursday 6th September and Tuesday 11th September.

Defender Leo Ostigard has been announced in Norway's under-21 squad for their European qualifier against Azerbaijan on Tuesday 11th September, kick-off 5pm.

Under-18 players Haydon Roberts and Lorent Tolaj have been called up for England's under-17s and Switzerland's under-18s respectively - Roberts will take part in the Syrenka Cup in Poland, while Tolaj takes part in a training camp.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/september/albion-players-on-international-duty/

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Aaron Connolly will join up with Republic of Ireland's under-19s for two friendlies against Wales on Sunday 9th September and Tuesday 11th September.

Hugo Keto has been included in Finland’s under-21 squad that will play UEFA qualifying fixtures against Denmark and Poland on Friday 7th September and Tuesday 11th September respectively.

Summer arrival Anders Dreyer could come up against his team-mate Keto, after being included in Denmark’s under-21 squad to face Finland, before the Albion winger’s nation play Lithuania on Tuesday 11th September at the Gargzdai Stadium.

Stefan Ljubicic also has two under-21 UEFA qualifiers for Iceland, as the Albion striker’s nation play Estonia on Thursday 6th September, before coming up against Slovakia on Tuesday 11th September.

Peter Gwargis, who joined the club last month, has been included in Sweden’s under-18 squad that will play in the Four Nations tournament between Thursday 6th September and Tuesday 11th September.

Defender Leo Ostigard has been announced in Norway's under-21 squad for their European qualifier against Azerbaijan on Tuesday 11th September, kick-off 5pm.

Under-18 players Haydon Roberts and Lorent Tolaj have been called up for England's under-17s and Switzerland's under-18s respectively - Roberts will take part in the Syrenka Cup in Poland, while Tolaj takes part in a training camp.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/september/albion-players-on-international-duty/

I can’t get excited about these players getting called up for their international squads when I’ve not heard of most of them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ok I’ll try. Put another way I’d rather see young players progressing through the club, but hey, that’s the way it is

To be fair, I only knew two thirds of them. [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]'s posts are amazing but I don't always catch them all. It's amazing that there's essentially two teams at the club now. The u23s are effectively a whole other entity who are being housed within the same club. It's remarkable that we've got such investment in a second team with the ambition either of breaking even by selling players off having developed them, or potentially unearthing and growing a gem for our own benefit.

If I'd written any of this post when I joined NSC in 2009 I'd have been carted off to Millview.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
To be fair, I only knew two thirds of them. [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]'s posts are amazing but I don't always catch them all. It's amazing that there's essentially two teams at the club now. The u23s are effectively a whole other entity who are being housed within the same club. It's remarkable that we've got such investment in a second team with the ambition either of breaking even by selling players off having developed them, or potentially unearthing and growing a gem for our own benefit.

If I'd written any of this post when I joined NSC in 2009 I'd have been carted off to Millview.

Agreed. I’m not sure we ever believed that the tommy Fraser, joe gattings etc of this world would trouble the international selectors!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
2nd-year scholar Jayden Onen gets a place in the starting line-up. Danny Mandroiu makes his first start of the season. Jordan Davies captains the side. Warren O'Hora has his first involvement of the season, on the bench.

A young bench also includes 2nd-year scholar Danny Cashman and 1st-years Sam Packham and Jack Spong (looks like Albion have named only 6 of a possible 7 subs).

[TWEET]1037033802382553088[/TWEET]

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Ok I’ll try. Put another way I’d rather see young players progressing through the club, but hey, that’s the way it is

Haydon Roberts is a 16 year old local lad who has two u23 appearances and scored against Man City u23 the other day. Looks promising.

Do you not think international recognition for our youth players is a good thing for them and the club?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here