Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC Russia Blog

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Will have a read. How did you find it? I thought it was a great tournament from the games I did - as good as any. Just a shame the food was dreadful on the most part

Absolutely loved it. We found the food OK, just the Russian Vodka that was a bit ermmmmm ROUGH! Thought the locals really embraced the tournament, I loved it, from the football (for once) to all the different places we visited, made even better by a really great reception and hospitality from the locals. St Petersburg was also stunning, definitely want to go back! SO so so different to the previous visit.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Excellant and insightful read Mark.
Thanks for sharing with us. Certainly sounds like Russia did a great job hosting the World Cup especially after the initial hooligan concerns.
9,600 miles travelled...how many beers were consumed during those miles?!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Cheers Mark, excellent work....I would imagine your liver has just about recuperated by now?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Superb read

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Absolutely loved it. We found the food OK, just the Russian Vodka that was a bit ermmmmm ROUGH! Thought the locals really embraced the tournament, I loved it, from the football (for once) to all the different places we visited, made even better by a really great reception and hospitality from the locals. St Petersburg was also stunning, definitely want to go back! SO so so different to the previous visit.

I've finally made it - a (visual) mention in one of your blogs!! Agree about St Petersburg, definitely need to go back there for longer next time....

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Excellant and insightful read Mark.
Thanks for sharing with us. Certainly sounds like Russia did a great job hosting the World Cup especially after the initial hooligan concerns.
9,600 miles travelled...how many beers were consumed during those miles?!

Probably one beer per mile between us!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

For some reason we were really unlucky with food I think, some of the bars you went to look like paradise compared to ours ! Even at our hotel in Moscow - the old winter Olympic village - my ham and cheese toastie consisted of 'ham' that was like the gristly-est piece of spam you've ever tasted ! Even the burgers in the ground were horrible. I'm not a fussy eater but definitely had my yearly allowance of McDonalds in June !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here