Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Chris Evans

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Announced he's leaving the Radio 2 breakfast show at the end of this year, a hugely popular figure and big boots to fill.

Radio insiders think the BBC will in this age of equality go for a duo hosting next time, one male and one female.

Early front runners for the make gig include Grimmy, Dermot O'Leary, Vernon Kay, Richard Madeley and Stephen Mulhern. Female contenders include Sara Cox, Emma Bunton, Kelly Brook and Clara Amfo.

Who would be your dream team for the R2 Breakfast gig??

Farewell Chris and thanks for the memories.

:bowdown:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whoever they choose, you can guarantee they will be on a lower salary.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
They've tried the duo thing with Jo Wiley and Simon Mayo and I don't think it works. I really used to enjoy Mayo's show driving home from work but I just cannot get into the dynamic of the new show.

Seems a bit strange Evans is leaving to do another breakfast show, I'd have thought with the imminent birth of twins he'd look at getting back to more sociable hours, I really enjoy his breakfast show so will depend on who they bring in as to where my ears go, hopefully they won't let Grimmy anywhere near it though, they say people have a face for radio, he's got a voice for silent movies.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i heard this on the news this morning.

why is this news worthy?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They've tried the duo thing with Jo Wiley and Simon Mayo and I don't think it works.
Agreed. I always liked Simon's show. Jo had her own show with fans too. Why stick her in Simon's show? Oh, because the salaries weren't equal :facepalm:

So are PL teams going to have to field 5 women now?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ginger nob well past his sell-by date.Should give it to Dev Griffin,he's brilliant.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
They should give it to Shaun Keaveny. Then I could go back to listening to 6Music again.

In reality, the best options would either be Baker and a variety of Louise Pepper/Lindsey Hipgrave/Amy Lame/Baylen Leonard/Danny Kelly,
or Frank Skinner and his team from Absolute on Saturday mornings.

Neither would be bland enough for Radio 2's mass audience, so they'll probably admit the failure of Mayo and Wiley and move him to the morning to pair up with someone like Zoe Ball or Sara Cox.

More importantly, how did I not know that Eddie Mair had left PM until this morning? Gutted.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Pretty comfortable it will be based on politically correctness rather than talent and suitability for the audience.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They've tried the duo thing with Jo Wiley and Simon Mayo and I don't think it works. I really used to enjoy Mayo's show driving home from work but I just cannot get into the dynamic of the new show.

Seems a bit strange Evans is leaving to do another breakfast show, I'd have thought with the imminent birth of twins he'd look at getting back to more sociable hours, I really enjoy his breakfast show so will depend on who they bring in as to where my ears go, hopefully they won't let Grimmy anywhere near it though, they say people have a face for radio, he's got a voice for silent movies.

Voice for silent movies . . . love it! :clap2:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I may start listening to R2 again when Evans goes, I can't stand listening to that hyperactive twit in the mornings.
Could be out of the frying pan and into the fire if Nick Grimshaw gets the job.
Dermot O'Dreary can stick to Saturday ( if he's still on then )

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
mallett-timmy.jpeg

Slightly less annoying than Chris Evans.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Early front runners for the make gig include Grimmy, Dermot O'Leary, Vernon Kay, Richard Madeley and Stephen Mulhern. Female contenders include Sara Cox, Emma Bunton, Kelly Brook and Clara Amfo.

My dream team would be Sara Cox on the radio in the morning with Kelly Brook naked in my bed but I'm not entirely sure that matches your criteria.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Agreed - so much so I now listen the R4 on the way home.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Announced he's leaving the Radio 2 breakfast show at the end of this year, a hugely popular figure and big boots to fill.

Radio insiders think the BBC will in this age of equality go for a duo hosting next time, one male and one female.

Farewell Chris and thanks for the memories.

:bowdown:

Hope it's not Richard Madeley as I cannot stand the man !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here