Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get what you are saying about the non ability to use storage cards internally on an iPhone but with the current capacity at 256GB does an 'average' user need more? If the iPhone user is a hoarder and gets near to their limit surely the media would be dumped to the cloud or an external device?
    If you get 256GB these days then fair play. Is the 256GB version more expensive than an S9? Either way I wouldn't switch back though.

Sent from my VFD 620 using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhafc1976 View Post
      If you get 256GB these days then fair play. Is the 256GB version more expensive than an S9? Either way I wouldn't switch back though.

Sent from my VFD 620 using Tapatalk
      Without looking it up I would say there is a good chance the 256GB IPhone X is more expensive than the S9!

Two superb phones but as flagships for the respective companies they should be!
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      I'll take that as a no then, @Bozza ?
      He'll shut nsc down for a couple of hours anyway so he can play with his new toy after queuing all night to buy one. Done it before...
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post
      Without looking it up I would say there is a good chance the 256GB IPhone X is more expensive than the S9!

Two superb phones but as flagships for the respective companies they should be!
      Again, I've not looked but certainly the last time I looked at a new flagship Samsung phone it was only marginally cheaper than the top iPhone at the time of launch.

The real difference comes later...

- The selling price of an Android phone drifts down over its lifetime, principally because many other companies bring out new top-of-the-line Android phones. iPhones stay the same price for the whole year.

- The iPhone retains far more value when you come to sell it on, be it after 6, 12 or 24 months.

Industry commentators are suggesting that the new iPhones could get cheaper this year >>> https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-2018...tting-cheaper/ - I'm not sure if this could mean flagship iPhones are cheaper than equivalent Samsungs or not.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Why is it always Samsung v Apple in these discussions?

Samsung do the marketing and make great phones, like Apple. So people tend to presume that with top of the range phones, they're the only option.

But when I did the research on my last upgrade I found out that (at the time) the best Android phone on the market was the One Plus 5t.

In comparison to the iPhone X it came out basically even. Better on speed, battery life, worse on camera software. Everything else pretty much the same.

But it cost £550 instead of £1100.

It's by far the best phone I've ever used and I love it.

Incidentally, I was in the pub the other night and a young bloke at the bar said " Nice phone, how are you finding the S9 mate?".
      "I never mentioned horses!"

0 Not allowed!
      XZ2 / 3 all day and all night.

Gotta love a bit of Sony.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      The most exciting day of the year is nearly upon us.

Yes, it's not long now until Apple unveil this year's new iPhones allowing Apple fanboys to swoon over the new shiny things, whilst also allowing those in Android-land to tell anyone who will listen "that's now new - we've had <insert feature here> for years".

Everything suggests there will be three new iPhones this year:

- A 6.5" update to the iPhone X, supposedly the biggest-screen phone on the market, and called iPhone XS.
      - A 5.8" update to the iPhone X, confusingly also called iPhone XS.
      - A new budget-priced phone of the iPhone X form factor, ie with the notch (that nearly everyone else has copied)

Roll on September 12th.
      I thought my life was, shallow,miserable and empty....suddenly I feel really quite good.!
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      I thought my life was, shallow,miserable and empty....suddenly I feel really quite good.!
      Bozza is the Apple crodo.
      "I never mentioned horses!"

0 Not allowed!
      The XS Plus (or Max, or whatever it gets called) has my interest.

0 Not allowed!
      Just bought a brand new iPhone X for £700 off the back of this latest event. Anyone got any ideas what the latest one brings or is it an ‘S’ version? @Bozza ?