Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Fly Tipping

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Latest from the scumbags that do this. Really boils my piss. Bo Peep Lane, Selmeston
d50cf4d58d1270e002b908012a1645b9.jpg

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Totally agree. Just as culpable are wristers who pay these scummers to take away their rubbish too.
Everyone knows now, no excuses, they have to be licensed, and if someones offering 'to take away rubbish cheaply' then it ain't going much farther than the local common or country lane.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why do people hang bags of dog shit in trees?
Another totally senseless thing, every day I see something that makes me wonder what the hell is going on in their heads to do that.
No conscience, no respect, totally selfish.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why do people hang bags of dog shit in trees?
Another totally senseless thing, every day I see something that makes me wonder what the hell is going on in their heads to do that.
No conscience, no respect, totally selfish.

People who do that should be treated with respect. They too have human rights! Let's not go down the fascist oppressive route and haul them before the courts and give the poor mis-understood souls a criminal record. Surely we are a more liberal and all welcoming, compassionate society than that?

Just as long as they eat it when they're caught, of course..................

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I fear that increased charges to use the tip may see more of this.

Disagree. There’s a lot of evidence to show our nation of slobs wouldn’t dispose of rubbish correctly even if it was free. I’m afraid millions of people simply drop waste wherever, even next to or a few yards from bins. It’s just too much hassle. You’ve got to understand their mentality. They’re wired to go through life leaving a mess behind, be that litter, anti social behaviour, dysfunctional families, a life of crime etc. It’s only the rest of us who are stopping them from drowning in their own filth. Fly tipping included. No point fining them, they don’t pay them. Nor jailing because that’s even more cost to us. Just ring the council and ask them to clear up. Pity them and simply be grateful you were born better than they. Because it’s a problem that will never go away nor is there anything you can really do about. That lane looks no different from many front gardens up and down the country and we all have a weirdo house nearby with ten foot high grass, a rusty children’s slide and a moss covered B Reg Sierra parked on their front lawn, under a rotting tarpauling. You know, the one with closed curtains no ones seen drawn back since the nineties. Typically a bungalow, with some old dear living with her 50+ year old son who no one knows but you’d be deeply suspicious of if any local kids ever went missing :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disagree. There’s a lot of evidence to show our nation of slobs wouldn’t dispose of rubbish correctly even if it was free. I’m afraid millions of people simply drop waste wherever, even next to or a few yards from bins. It’s just too much hassle. You’ve got to understand their mentality. They’re wired to go through life leaving a mess behind, be that litter, anti social behaviour, dysfunctional families, a life of crime etc. It’s only the rest of us who are stopping them from drowning in their own filth. Fly tipping included. No point fining them, they don’t pay them. Nor jailing because that’s even more cost to us. Just ring the council and ask them to clear up. Pity them and simply be grateful you were born better than they. Because it’s a problem that will never go away nor is there anything you can really do about. That lane looks no different from many front gardens up and down the country and we all have a weirdo house nearby with ten foot high grass, a rusty children’s slide and a moss covered B Reg Sierra parked on their front lawn, under a rotting tarpauling. You know, the one with closed curtains no ones seen drawn back since the nineties. Typically a bungalow, with some old dear living with her 50+ year old son who no one knows but you’d be deeply suspicious of if any local kids ever went missing :)

You know, the one with closed curtains no ones seen drawn back since the nineties. Typically a bungalow, with some old dear living with her 50+ year old son who no one knows but you’d be deeply suspicious of if any local kids ever went missing

Spread your bile about where you will, but I doubt if this is the prime group for industrial levels of fly tipping.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Wow.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Scumbags - the fines should be sever for stuff like this. Also, the people who use these scum should also be fined too.

This sort of thing should not be allowed! If caught they should confiscate their caravan.

In Leeds they do both. Recently a guy who dumped a fridge on the side of the street had his van confiscated and crushed, not a rare event. Where evidence can be found in the dumped rubbish of the origin (believe it or not people leave addressed envelopes and more in there) then they are prosecuted as well.

Fines in the thousands are levied.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Scumbags - the fines should be sever for stuff like this. Also, the people who use these scum should also be fined too.

If they can trace the rubbish to you then you will be fined.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Valid points throughout this thread. Some people will behave in this manner regardless but I also take the view that the trend to make it more difficult to dispose of waste in a responsible manner is contributing to the problem. Charges to dispose of certain types of waste at council tips don't help. Similarly, here in Norfolk there has been discussion of reducing bin collection to once every three weeks rather than fortnightly. That would be fine except there is no plan to increase collections from the recycle bins. In our household we completely fill both the recycling and non recycling bins with fortnightly collections of both. Without extra recycling collections there is likely to be an increase in fly tipping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here