Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cost of upgrading an U18 ticket

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone know the actual cost for upgrading a WSU central under 18 ticket to an Adult ticket? Looks like my son won't be able to attend the Spurs match so was trying to get an idea of the real cost before calling the ticket office as the ticketing FAQ just talks about pro-rata costs.

Thanks

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You can more or less work it out - it’ll be the difference between the full price of a match day ticket (Spurs will be A cat but depends on where you sit) minus the actual amount you currently pay (annual ST cost/19 games) taken. Think I did it twice for my lad’s U18 ticket previously and it was around £30 to upgrade. Had to do it for yesterday too but he’s U21 now so it was £14 to upgrade to full adult.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not done it personally, but it looks to me that it’d be: 52 - (305/19) = 52-16.05 = £35.95. They’ll probably round it up, so £36.

I’d be interested to know if I’m right...

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks - my brain wasn't up to Sunday evening maths!

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Be wary. I tried this last season for the Southampton home game. My 15 year old son couldn’t make it so my brother took the ticket. Being good upstanding fans we decided to approach the club and pay the additional cost for an adult ticket. Instead of a straight forward exchange of a few quid we got embroiled in argument with the ticketing team about how we might have jumped the loyality queue preventing a fan with enough points attending the game. Ended up having to buy another ticket as they refused to allow the upgrade. I wish we’d just risked it and sneaked in. Still pisses me off. Petty and money grabbing when we just trying to be honest.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Be wary. I tried this last season for the Southampton home game. My 15 year old son couldn’t make it so my brother took the ticket. Being good upstanding fans we decided to approach the club and pay the additional cost for an adult ticket. Instead of a straight forward exchange of a few quid we got embroiled in argument with the ticketing team about how we might have jumped the loyality queue preventing a fan with enough points attending the game. Ended up having to buy another ticket as they refused to allow the upgrade. I wish we’d just risked it and sneaked in. Still pisses me off. Petty and money grabbing when we just trying to be honest.

Unless your brother looks under 18 then the stewards at the turnstiles will spot your little ruse.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
You can more or less work it out - it’ll be the difference between the full price of a match day ticket (Spurs will be A cat but depends on where you sit) minus the actual amount you currently pay (annual ST cost/19 games) taken. Think I did it twice for my lad’s U18 ticket previously and it was around £30 to upgrade. Had to do it for yesterday too but he’s U21 now so it was £14 to upgrade to full adult.

Paid £22 on Saturday to upgrade an u18 ticket in WSU.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was this classed as a Cat C or Cat B game?

It was a C: https://www.seagullstickets.com/custom/documents/pdf/1819/HOME_Fulham.pdf

What others have already said is correct - you have to be the difference between the pro-rata-ed season ticket price for the match and the single ticket price for the game. This wasn't always the case - at some point you only had to pay the difference between the pro-rata-ed child season ticket price and the adult pro-rata-ed season ticket price.

I know I did one upgrade last season, for my daughter's WSU seat, where I did a double-take at the amount I had to pay for the upgrade. Seeing an adult Category A "central" WSU ticket is £52 this season helps explain why. To upgrade a WSU u10 ticket to an adult for a Category A game, such as Spurs, would be c£43. An u18 ticket would be c£36.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not sure why they would have made an issue out of it - T&Cs allow this 6 times per season. I’ve never had a problem doing it.

Difficult to sneak in because the turnstiles flashes red and beeps differently with a concessionary ticket alerting the stewards to check I think.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Did it for Man City last season and remember being amazed at how expensive it was, over 40 quid i think for a NW corner ticket.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Not sure why they would have made an issue out of it - T&Cs allow this 6 times per season. I’ve never had a problem doing it.

No idea why they allow it, goes against all their precious ticketing principles. Last season when everyone was moaning about not getting Man City at home tickets, I went with my friend who was visiting from Melbourne, bypassing everyone who had paid to be on a waiting list.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Were you upgrading a season ticket (allowed) or a one-off ticket (non-allowed)?

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Were you upgrading a season ticket (allowed) or a one-off ticket (non-allowed)?

One off ticket. TBH never thought to check before hand just assumed that it would be straightforward and the club would appreciate our honesty. All in the past now but just seemed a ridiculous rule which penalised honest fans who travelled a long way to be at the match. All we hoping to do was put a spare ticket to use. Took the edge off the day

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Can you do a downgrade? Just a question. No personal need, just wondered? Think I know the answer, but maybe pleasantly surprised.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here