Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So todays ref Lee Probert

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
...well gave us two penalties...thought Murrays booking was a tad harsh......

DSCF2691.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
For some reason failed to book Mitrovic in the first half when he pushed Dunk over as he was attempting to take a free kick quickly. Also failed to book a player for deliberate handball. Rubbish.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Rather than blowing for a free kick at the end and then not letting us take it, he could have played advantage for a couple of seconds to allow a cross into the box (although it probably would have hit the first man).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Excellent ref.

The premier refs are a million times better than some of the clowns we had in the championship.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Normally a one man circus. Was fine today. Stayed out the game for long periods and took until the 60th before I’d paid any attention to him

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rather than blowing for a free kick at the end and then not letting us take it, he could have played advantage for a couple of seconds to allow a cross into the box (although it probably would have hit the first man).

Was spitting with this. Why give the free kick then decide to blow - the ball isn’t in play so the kick should be taken.

I actually thought he was very weak and a pretty shit ref - irrelevant he correctly gave us 2 pens. In fact I’m not sure he did - Lino gave second one luckily.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was spitting with this. Why give the free kick then decide to blow - the ball isn’t in play so the kick should be taken.

I actually thought he was very weak and a pretty shit ref - irrelevant he correctly gave us 2 pens. In fact I’m not sure he did - Lino gave second one luckily.

The ref wasn't going to give the second penalty for the handball but the Lino was very vociferous so he couldn't ignore it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Played advantage for Fulham a couple of times, decided not to for us and the booking of Murray was ridiculous. Both penalties were nailed on so he’d have been plain cheating if he hadn’t given them. Luckily the linesman was waving his flag like a maniac for the second, which he wasn’t going to give. Seemed very happy to book Albion players but not Fulham ones. Other than that he was fine :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exactly. Giving a free-kick to a team is not really helping them if you're not going to let them take it :facepalm:

He also should have given a couple of yellows to Fulham in the first half, but otherwise he was fine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lino gave second one luckily.
I'm yet to see MOTD but there was nothing lucky about it.

The Family Stand would have rioted if the lino hadn't given it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Played advantage for Fulham a couple of times, decided not to for us and the booking of Murray was ridiculous. Both penalties were nailed on so he’d have been plain cheating if he hadn’t given them. Luckily the linesman was waving his flag like a maniac for the second, which he wasn’t going to give. Seemed very happy to book Albion players but not Fulham ones. Other than that he was fine :smile:

He was waving but didn't put his flag across his chest which I thought they were supposed to do as a signal for a penalty?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Looking at the rerun on game of the day last night, I don't think it was a case of knowing there were a few seconds left, giving the free kick, then blowing for full time. He looked at his watch after giving the free kick, so I think he just realised after giving the kick that he'd lost track.

The ref wasn't going to give the second penalty for the handball but the Lino was very vociferous so he couldn't ignore it.

Again, watching the game back on sky, the ref was actually quite quick to blow his whistle. I don't know if he just responded to the linesman quickly, but It wasn't exactly a contentious decision, it is probably harder not to give it. So I think he probably would have given it.

He was waving but didn't put his flag across his chest which I thought they were supposed to do as a signal for a penalty?

Not any more. I think it changed before the last season (may have been the one before that), now they're just supposed to wave their flag, then indicate the direction of the decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here