Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Last Minute Holidays

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone got any good experiences of these and what sites to use to genuinely get last minute deals?

Looking at going away in 2 weeks so think it’s about time to book!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
For the very last minute I would just get a ticket to Athens or a Greek Island with minimum luggage.
Go to Athens port (Pireaus) and decide which island you would like to go to.
When the ferry docks, hundreds of Greeks will fight each other to give you more than acceptable accomodation.
I have done this many times, often visiting 2 or 3 islands.
Or Fly direct to an island (like Kos for example) and sort your accomodation out when you get there.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anyone got any good experiences of these and what sites to use to genuinely get last minute deals?

Going during the International break, good thinking so not missing any Albion games.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I tried leaving booking a holiday to the last minute in May and based on that experience I think bargain last minute holidays are largely a thing of the past.

This is because of the model that the budget aircraft companies have of selling seats, where the seats are discounted the most as soon as the flights go on sale and then prices increase the closer to the departure date you get.

If there is spare capacity with the accommodation then some hotel companies will discount their rooms to fill the space however about a week before departure the flight prices increased so dramatically that this more than cancelled out any savings.

The package holiday companies like Tui and Thomas Cook also advertise their flights for sale separately using the same approach as the budget airlines which meant that even the last minute package holiday deals became expensive.

Based on my experience I would look at booking something now rather than waiting any longer and follow the process advised on money saving expert https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/holidays/

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012

Get the TV on
Teletext page 400
sit for hours looking for a cracking deal
call them up
sorry love, that's sold out, but I can do ya benidorm allocation on arrival for 69 quid
pick your tickets up at the airport
lovely jubly

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here