Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Bulb Energy

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
I am considering moving to Bulb Energy. The main reason is potential cost savings, as it looks like I can save £500+ per year compared to my current provider.

They don't appear to be the cheapest, but customer service ratings look good......and I can also bang on about the benefits of using greener energy.

Any comments (good or bad) from existing Bulb Energy users?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nope. But use Ovo who are very good, although prices are creeping up (but still a lot cheaper than the big suppliers)

Experience has been very good with these type of energy companies

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ovo user ourselves and you can look at prices all day and still not get it. However customer service is good and helpful along with billing showing what use what along with energy breakdown now i am not a member of the Green Party but almost 65% of Ovo Energy is renewable.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
How does 'green' energy actually work then?

Do they make sure none of the power that comes into your home comes from non-renewable sources?

Yes, I am being deliberately obtuse.

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
How does 'green' energy actually work then?

Do they make sure none of the power that comes into your home comes from non-renewable sources?

Yes, I am being deliberately obtuse.

No idea....and something I was wondering. Same pipe, different gas / electricity, I don't think so. However if it saves me £500+ per year and powers my stuff, I am not really sure I am bothered :)

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I've used them for about a year in my house and rental flat. Customer service seems good. 100% of their elec is renewable and 10% of their gas is. (above average).

I have a referral link if you decide to join via the link bulb.co.uk/refer/adam1442 It means we both get 50 quid off against a bill. Not sure if referral links are allowed so can remove if not.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've used them for about a year in my house and rental flat. Customer service seems good. 100% of their elec is renewable and 10% of their has (above average).

I have a referral link if you decide to join via the link bulb.co.uk/refer/adam1442 It means we both get 50 quid off against a bill. Not sure if referral links are allowed so can remove if not.

PM Me the link, if it's electric only and I meet the criteria it's happy days. My annual bill is about £400, I get the warm home payment of £140, so my electric would be about £20 a month!
Unfortunately that's due to living in a tiny flat and spending a lot of time in hospital with an incurable disease .... BUT .... Little wins :)

borat

Jul 16, 2003
PM Me the link, if it's electric only and I meet the criteria it's happy days. My annual bill is about £400, I get the warm home payment of £140, so my electric would be about £20 a month!
Unfortunately that's due to living in a tiny flat and spending a lot of time in hospital with an incurable disease .... BUT .... Little wins :)

The link is in the post - Have PMed it to you as well. Anyone else that wants to use it feel free or PM me!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Hampster,were you on SVT ?

Hi LBG. I was on the Better Energy package which was fixed but it was coming to an end and the price hike was significant (as it was the year before). I liked OVO, their customer service was really good, but felt they were pushing it on price.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I’m with Ecotricity, no idea whether they are cheaper.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Moved to them three months ago. No issues so far, customer service seems great and monthly bill dropped considerably.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here