Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Unlisted/uncredited singers on other artists/bands tracks

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
There's a huge fad now of songs by artists with a "feat. so and so" credit on the song. This didn't always happen.

Just been listening to an old '99 album track that I've heard many times before, and only just realised that I recognise the singer.

Boy George on Faithless - Why Go?

any others out there that we may have missed?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jagger on You’re So Vain by Carly Simon, can hear his voice really clearly on the later refrains in the song

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Rod Stewart was not credited for singing lead vocals on Python Lee Jackson's In a Broken Dream. It was recorded while Stewart was a session vocalist and only found chart success on it's second release, which followed Stewart's own rise to fame.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
MCartney on bass and Harrison on backing vocals on James Taylor’s Carolina On My Mind

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Luther Vandros on Young Americans, Bowie on backing vocals on Walk on the Wild Side, and Lulu’s Man who sold the World, Noel Gallagher playing lead guitar on Champagne Supernova, Eric Clapton, lead guitar on While my guitar gently weeps, Jeff Beck, lead guitar on Stevie Wonders Superstition.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Luther Vandros on Young Americans, Bowie on backing vocals on Walk on the Wild Side, and Lulu’s Man who sold the World, Noel Gallagher playing lead guitar on Champagne Supernova, Eric Clapton, lead guitar on While my guitar gently weeps, Jeff Beck, lead guitar on Stevie Wonders Superstition.

Some of these are not uncredited. Bowie and Mick Ronson are credited as backing vocalists on the album sleeve of Transformer, on which Walk On The Wild Side originally appeared, and Luther Vandross is credited on the Young Americans album sleeve. Jeff Beck played drums on an early demo of Superstition and recorded his own version, but there's no guitar on the Stevie Wonder version on Talking Book. However, Beck did play a superb (credited) solo on Lookin For Another Pure Love on the same album.

Lulu's version of Man Who Sold The World (and the b-side, Watch That Man) was recorded during the sessions for Pin-Ups, with Ronson, Bolder and Dunbar all appearing but uncredited as it was only released as a single/

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
On behalf of looking-back rockers everywhere may I submit Frankie Ford's Sea Cruise, one of the last of the thumping hard-driving rock & roll classics of the 1950s. It was written by Huey Piano Smith, who also provided the backing. Huey was one of the greatest 50s rockers - people who quite like this sort of thing should stream his High Blood Pressure, Doncha Just Know It or Rockin' Pneumonia. Immortals-all.

(Sea Cruise was unspeakably covered in England by Charlie Drake. It was a bit dreadful although the song was so powerful that even he couldn't make a complete dog's breakfast of it.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here