Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No trains Saturday

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What is up with Dunk seriously.... I’ve been out the loop for a while.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
As long as there are trains from Three Bridges i don't care about other services. :smile:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
FFS just seen this.

Was bad enough Tue with various excuses offered for the shit service to and from Brighton. ( heard 3 excuses )

At least Southern will maintain their 100% impact on games for the season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The following weekend is the international break with no engineering works planned. They are absolute idiots, as that could easily have been scheduled even if they didn't know our fixtures.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pain in the arse for me as well, but they've got to schedule the works some time, and it ain't gonna be in the week.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pain in the arse for me as well, but they've got to schedule the works some time, and it ain't gonna be in the week.

We must be their biggest single customer. For routes to the Amex, they have Saturdays throughout the year they know we won't have a home game including the international breaks to schedule works to key services to the Amex. Once fixtures are then published, they'll have a whole raft of other weekends to plan works ahead too. Yes, no doubt logistically it would take a lot more work to organise their works around their commitment to the Albion, but you'd think in any other industry that is what a service provider would do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We must be their biggest single customer. For routes to the Amex, they have Saturdays throughout the year they know we won't have a home game including the international breaks to schedule works to key services to the Amex. Once fixtures are then published, they'll have a whole raft of other weekends to plan works ahead too. Yes, no doubt logistically it would take a lot more work to organise their works around their commitment to the Albion, but you'd think in any other industry that is what a service provider would do.

International break the following weekend, been known for about a year.

I'm no Network Rail apologist, this will inconvenience me as well. But I gather engineering works are planned months and sometimes years in advance. There are probably a number of factors in play that would make them putting BHAFC's fixture list at the top of their agenda unrealistic. Things such as manpower, equipment availability, the date-sequence of the projects etc.

There's ALWAYS a clusterfvck somewhere on the rail network at weekends due to engineering works, its just a fact of life. Football fans are not the priority, no point grizzling about it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am told by a relative who does survey work for Network Rail that engineering work is planned a minimum 12 months in advance long before the fixtures or international breaks are known.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here