Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which one of our BIG Eredivisie signings took his chance last night?

Who impressed against Southampton?

• Both Locadia and Jahanbakhsh

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Just Locadia

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Just Jahanbakhsh

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Neither of them

Votes: 95 81.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Two big money signings with points to prove.

I wasn't there, so please let me know: which one took their chance to impress, and give Hughton a selection headache for Saturday?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This feels like a Dwayne wind up thread !

Clearly none.

I really hope we have learnt our lesson with signing players from this league now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very perceptive.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Which one of our BIG Eredividie signings took his chance last night?

This feels like a Dwayne wind up thread !

Nope. I’m away and was out of a signal area for the entire game.

I’m hoping for some sort of sign that Locadia is not just a Premier League Elvis Manu.

I’m willing to give Ali J a little more time before I consign him to the same dustbin.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Locadia was ok-ish in the first half, but generally poor in the second. He ain’t threatening Murray though.

Ali J was meh all game. Not outright bad, but nothing particularly good either.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Both did ok, nothing more - like most of our team.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Funny how we all see a different game eh! I’ll be frank, both had their chance last night to shine against a pretty mediocre Saints team and neither took it!
Agreed, but on the other hand neither was too bad either. I give them both a 'neutral' rating.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Locadia isn’t Murray and I don’t think he’s suited to the lone striker role at all. There were obvious times last night players were looking for him to make a Murray run and he didn’t so we ended up passing backwards.

Jahanbakhsh never got into the game really, wasn’t poor but didn’t stand out, couple of nice touches but nothing to trouble Knockaert yet. I think he’s going to take time to get up to speed like Jose did.

The big pluses were how well the 3 youngsters played, all of them looked comfortable on the ball, yes they made mistakes but they played with some real confidence. It’s also encouraging to see us producing players who look like they’ve got a physical presence, Collar looks particularly solid.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Locadia doesn't look good on his own up front which is a worry as CH rarely ever seems to want to play 2 forwards. He has not impressed me at all since his arrival and think it should have been him going out on loan to the Championship to get some experience, not Hemed. I know it's still relatively early days but Locadia looks barely worth £14 let alone £14million.

Ali J was pretty annonymous last night although hopefully amongst better players he will improve.

Worried - Yes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll.

Unless I vote I can't see what people who were at the game think. And as I wasn't at the game I have no view. Oh well, I will pick something at random (reminds me of the actual Brexit referendum....).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looks like my random selection accords with the general view. Time we got rid, then. Are they like a new car where you can change your mind during a cooling down window? Still open for Ali J.....tara....ta ra.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh goody, another poll.

Unless I vote I can't see what people who were at the game think. And as I wasn't at the game I have no view. Oh well, I will pick something at random (reminds me of the actual Brexit referendum....).

You mean other than clicking the 'View Poll Results' button ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Obvious concern is that Locadia + AJ = Benteke in terms of FVM....

Far too early to say though and a reserve team game should definitely have no place in hastening judgement.

Given the fees involved and our scouting process (ultimately overseen by one of the world's most shrewd assessors of football performance and value...) it would be amazing if neither of them turn out to be a very decent first team player.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh goody, another poll.

On tapatalk there is not even an indication this is a poll.

Best fire up the old laptop later to vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here