NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I have thoughts.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Tbf I think this is a good move by CPFC. The lower league managers have complained that the loan fee from Prem teams prices them out of their players.

Players need the game time to develop so begrudgingly I think this is a good move.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whilst I think it is a good move on paper, I think in reality it’s really hard to guarantee a player will start every game. What if he is playing really badly, his attitude is wrong, late for training etc, that is going to piss the other players off rapidly and create problems.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tbf I think this is a good move by CPFC. The lower league managers have complained that the loan fee from Prem teams prices them out of their players. Players need the game time to develop so begrudgingly I think this is a good move.
Seems a perfectly sensible idea to me. Just because it's Palarse, I can't see a problem.

Whilst I think it is a good move on paper, I think in reality it’s really hard to guarantee a player will start every game. What if he is playing really badly, his attitude is wrong, late for training etc, that is going to piss the other players off rapidly and create problems.
OK, you've spotted a problem! Still think it's a reasonable idea from the Palace point of view though. What else can you do with players on a decent wage that are on your wage bill that you don't really want (cough........Towell, Schelotto....)?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Exactly. Guaranteeing players games removes their motivation and gives them no idea of how competitive real football is.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
That doesn't guarentee any games though and a properly run club would have to budget to be paying the 50% for the length of the loan. It just insentivies them to be played. I thought that kind of thing was fairly common tbh.

Given the club in question, I do wonder if they will forget to put a clause in about how much playing time though and we could see the players brought on for 30 seconds of injury time at the end of a few games purely to save money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here