Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sky channel 192 now - Indoor League

Jul 7, 2003
Not seen this channel before and the continuity announcer sounds like he is presenting from his shed.

For those who have never seen this, it was tv coverage of pub sports presented by pipe smoking Fred Trueman. Episode on now is from the Leeds Irish Centre.

Enjoy!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I loved this programme.

I'll sitheeee

Jul 7, 2003
'Best game of darts ever seen on TV' - just showed the first ever televised 180. Fair to say the quality of darts has improved somewhat over the years.

Fred is wearing a chunky knit cardigan, kipper tie and holding the obligatory pipe. Can't wait for the second half to see if they are showing bar billiards, table football or skittles!

Jul 7, 2003
Now showing arm wrestling and something that I'm sure he said was Cheese Skittles.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
213061.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Has the arm wrestling finished yet?

Was followed by table football (with commentary Motty would be proud of) and then this 'Yankee Pool' - a version of snooker from over the pond. It was an exhibition game between some Americans and some up and coming snooker players from the UK including a young John Virgo.

It is like watching a 70's version of Eurosport.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not seen this channel before and the continuity announcer sounds like he is presenting from his shed.

For those who have never seen this, it was tv coverage of pub sports presented by pipe smoking Fred Trueman. Episode on now is from the Leeds Irish Centre.

Enjoy!

I think it used to be followed by Crown Court, around lunchtime (and Pebble Mill)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Wasn’t this how Sid Waddell first made his name?

Loved the bar billiards and that weird skittle game where you swung the ball round a post thing.

Tv Gold - seem to remember it was on at lunchtime....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Loved the bar billiards and that weird skittle game where you swung the ball round a post thing.

My old grandad had table skittles at home - we'd spend hours playing it as kids.......usually on a Saturday whilst we waited for the wrestling to come on :D

Jul 7, 2003

Sid was involved as was the late Bill Maynard as shown in this Cheese Skittles instruction video

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Great spot by the OP.

Skinner and Baddiel ripped the piss out of this on Fantasy Football World Cup in 1998.
It’s amazing that such stuff ever got on tv, but I’d imagine with just three channels, it was probably watched by millions.

I’ll see thee...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here