Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Packed lunch,rolls and sarnies.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
First rule and the only one 'I don't want any soggy sarnies,i want mind fresh and crisp' unlike like Cheese & Tomato become after a hour in a cool bag. :p Go for It.:bigwave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First rule and the only one 'I don't want any soggy sarnies,i want mind fresh and crisp' unlike like Cheese & Tomato become after a hour in a cool bag. :p Go for It.:bigwave:

Is this a sort of "last rites" picnic before the Fulham game ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

As a kid, 50plus years ago, I always used to like tomato sandwiches on white bread where the juice of the tomatoes had soaked in to the bread...….

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Try slicing your Tomato and lying it on kitchen paper to absorb the juices before inserting in to your sandwich. This usually gives you a 3-4 hour window before the sogginess begins to advance, additionally, cover the slice of bread closest to the layer of Tomato with a full coat of butter to reduce liquid absorption.. hope this helps.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Firstly enough butter to act as a protective layer is a must.. hard boiled egg sandwiches for me are ideal, black pepper, cress or lettuce for colour, or pre-mash your tomato in with them... otherwise, sliced beef or pastrami, lettuce and horseradish sauce..
My Mum used to give me marmite sandwiches for school lunches - the soggy, limp mess I used to peel out of my tupperware lunch-box was a sight to behold.. marmite is strictly a toast or cream-cracker spread!!!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Try slicing your Tomato and lying it on kitchen paper to absorb the juices before inserting in to your sandwich. This usually gives you a 3-4 hour window before the sogginess begins to advance, additionally, cover the slice of bread closest to the layer of Tomato with a full coat of butter to reduce liquid absorption.. hope this helps.

Deseed the tomatoes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Soon to be banned at the Amex on health and safety grounds

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As a kid, 50plus years ago, I always used to like tomato sandwiches on white bread where the juice of the tomatoes had soaked in to the bread...….

Around the same time I used to like Cheshire Cheese and Pickled Onion sandwiches for the same reason. :drool:

I still neck the vinegar in the pickle jar after the pickles are finished. No doubt my insides are somewhat leathery...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You won't get a sandwich into the ground.

Where's your flask?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Soggy but delicious sarnies today, courtesy of Mrs Chopper.
Warbutons toastie white bread filled with tuna, mayo and pepper with some rocket.
Sea salt and cracked pepper Burts chips.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Must have crisps, any flavour, inserted.

Six slices of white sliced, butter, crisps (chicken, oxo or smokey bacon). Every evening. For 7 years. Heaven.

Exotic variant: Shipham's tomato and sardine spead as a screed punk:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here