Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone and izzzy

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Todays argus says that Andone, Izquierdo, Dunk, Bruno and White are currently unavailable due to injury.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Latest from physioroom.com premier league injury tracker

https://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

image.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope I never end up with the niggles that a couple of these players seem to have, a niggle to me is something that tends to clear up quite quickly. Seems not to be the case if you play for the Albion :wink:

Don’t bother [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] :smile:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
White as well? Now we really are a bit stretched for CBs!
Yes, minor injury, but won't play tonight.

Unlikely, but maybe one of those 'injuries' players get before going on loan ???

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The last update that Chris gave about Izquierdo and Andone was last Tuesday to the Argus where

Izquierdo (Knee)- might start training next week.
Andone (groin) - The Argus summarised it as "unclear" when training would start but not sure CH actually said that.

All injury updates are kept on this thread if you want to track it. Just updated it to include latest on White etc.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...018-19/page4&highlight=hughton+injury+tracker

Sites like physioroom , and others, just guess a return date or report from the same info that everyone else has have (CH press conferences/interviews, player social media, local press). And then try and sell that info to fantasy football, gamblers, statisticians etc.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Andone is really frustrating. Sounds like no clear date of when will even start training . Must be 4/5 weeks off when starts again as hasn't had a pre season.

Could really do with Gykores either starting or coming on tonight and stepping right up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Andone is really frustrating. Sounds like no clear date of when will even start training . Must be 4/5 weeks off when starts again as hasn't had a pre season.

Could really do with Gykores either starting or coming on tonight and stepping right up.

Andone did play briefly in pre season. He had 45 minutes v Nice - so it wasn't a complete write off.
Hughton actually did say (or something like it) that it was "unclear" when he was going to be training again.
In his interview post Liverpool he strongly hinted that Gyokores would either start or be on the bench.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Florin Andone - the Romanian Sam Baldock?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I hope I never end up with the niggles that a couple of these players seem to have, a niggle to me is something that tends to clear up quite quickly. Seems not to be the case if you play for the Albion :wink:

Don’t bother [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] :smile:

Because you forget the multiple times and multiple players where that is the case Icy!. See Murray, Locadia have had knocks already this pre-season/season and returned within days.
Dunk and Bruno are likely to within days as expected unless things go wrong.
As for Izquierdo then he has a knee injury which means he hasnt trained since he reported back from the World Cup at end of July - 5 weeks ago. Not sure its a niggle anymore.

The frustration that players don't return quickly enough (How dare they !) or you don't have information (there's loads of it) is a bit odd and a bit of a myth given Hughton gives detailed information 2-3 times a week on injuries and for the last 2 years Albion have either won or been nominated for medical team awards because they've lost so few players to injuries.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Rumours have been around Andone needing a groin op, so if true that we be a lengthy lay off. I hope Bruno and Dunk are back soon which sounds likely, but not heard anything on Izzy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Florin Andone - the Romanian Sam Baldock?

He's missed three games for us which is annoying . As for being injury prone then
In the last 3 seasons in La Liga or La Liga 2 - he was available (except for a couple of suspensions) and either played/benched for every single match bar one. Not missing one game to injury. (according to Transfermarkt anyway)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Rumours have been around Andone needing a groin op, so if true that we be a lengthy lay off. I hope Bruno and Dunk are back soon which sounds likely, but not heard anything on Izzy.

Hughton has given an update on Izquierdo's status about 4 or 5 times in the last few weeks. the last detailed update was last Tuesday where he said he hoped he would start training again next week (week beginning Sept 2nd). He is recovering from a knee injury.
As for Andone then Hughton has given several updates in last few weeks. Before Man Utd he said he was "close" to returning to training. A week later this had then become (according to the Argus) "unclear" when he was returning to training. He has a groin injury.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Because you forget the multiple times and multiple players where that is the case Icy!. See Murray, Locadia have had knocks already this pre-season/season and returned within days.
Dunk and Bruno are likely to within days as expected unless things go wrong.
As for Izquierdo then he has a knee injury which means he hasnt trained since he reported back from the World Cup at end of July - 5 weeks ago. Not sure its a niggle anymore.

The frustration that players don't return quickly enough (How dare they !) or you don't have information (there's loads of it) is a bit odd and a bit of a myth given Hughton gives detailed information 2-3 times a week on injuries and for the last 2 years Albion have either won or been nominated for medical team awards because they've lost so few players to injuries.

Locadia returned within days? Are you sure about that?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

For me days means less than a week and I don’t see Bruno or Dunk being ready by the weekend. Love to be wrong.

Ffs now I’m quoting myself rather than editing the original post :rolleyes:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

He had an injury in the pre-season against Wimbledon (a "niggle" if you like) - was expected to be out for a fortnight and returned to training and was availabe as expected in time for Watford.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Andone going to be like Stephens, mystery injury which was unclear and ended up being out for half the season or whatever it was. However, seems odd given we let hemed go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When Andone is fit it'll be like we've singed a new player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here